Lake State Radio Question.

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
GT Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Lake State Radio Question.

Unread post by GT Railfan »

Hello everyone, been a while since I've posted here. I was wondering, is Lake State still using VHF or have they gone digital (800 mhz)? I thought I had read a while back that they went digital, or were going to, but not really sure. I'm up by Grayling and wouldn't mind listening in on switching if its possible. Thanks everyone! :)
Take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the Ice! lol

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Lake State Radio Question.

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Caught them between Birch Run and Clio on Sunday and was able to hear them calling signals on a regular scanner.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

CSXT8390
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lake State Radio Question.

Unread post by CSXT8390 »

GT Railfan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:13 pm
Hello everyone, been a while since I've posted here. I was wondering, is Lake State still using VHF or have they gone digital (800 mhz)? I thought I had read a while back that they went digital, or were going to, but not really sure. I'm up by Grayling and wouldn't mind listening in on switching if its possible. Thanks everyone! :)
Digital is not 800 MHz. Digital can be, and in this case is still, in the VHF spectrum, just not on analog radios. All railroads still have to operate in VHF. (All AAR channels, both analog and digital are in the VHF spectrum)

800 MHz is not widely used outside of Gov’t entities. Sort of like how Wideband is no longer allowed.
My opinions and statements are my own personal views and do not represent those of my employer or any other employee associated with my employer unless specifically stated as such.