Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad
- ARR Reporting Marks - RVT.
- Official Website
Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad Overview
The Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad is a 14-mile shortline railroad that connects the industrial park in White City, Oregon, United States to the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad.
The line began operations in 1951 as a division of the White City Corporation, providing tenants of the new Medford Industrial Park (formerly US Army Cantonment Camp White) with contract rail switching services and a local connection to the Southern Pacific Railroad. The railroad was formally incorporated as an independent common carrier railroad on November 3, 1954 as the White City Terminal & Utilities Co..
In December 1974 the railroad was purchased by the Union Tank Car Company. Union Tank Car renamed the railroad the WCTU Railway Company in January 1975.
Berkshire Hathaway gained indirect control of the railroad with the 2008 purchase of Marmon Transportation Services LLC (the parent company of Union Tank Car Company).
On December 17, 2012, Marmon Transportation Services announced the sale of WCTU Railway LLC to RVTR Rail Holdings, a holding company owned by Scott DeVries of Superior, Wisconsin.
On March 15, 2013 the railroad was renamed Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad.
Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad Locomotives
Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad Customers
Back to Oregon Shortlines
Back to Shortlines