CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

Q326-31 @ 10:28am cleared the St Joseph Bridge with CSX engine #7211 leading.

User avatar
Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"
Posts: 5819
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tlout »

Michigan Shore HESR 2025, MMRR 2019 with 20 hoppers, 4 tank cars south at Riley St. Holland 10:55 AM.

User avatar
BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster
Posts: 3924
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

Where To Meet, that was the question this morning, but only after Q32931 was approaching South Lyon, and Q32831 was approaching Williamston. Q328 had 8000 feet of train, Q329 had 7000 feet. Both trains were stopped at each location until the dispatcher could figure out, who would fit where, and on what track. South Lyon, Brighton, Fowlerville or Williamston. As it turned out, 328 was held at Williamston and 329 would attempt to clear into the siding at Fowlerville. If they didn't, they would continue on to Williamston. The result" They did and it was a big to do over nothing.

Q32931 by Howell at 08:57 with CSX 5248+8851 and 111 cars including one empty five pack well car. Had not seen 8851 since 5-5-09. Q32831 went east at 09:52 with CSX 99+5372 and 132 cars. The two CN units mentioned on D708 yesterday, and cars are siting on main two at Lansing for pick up, if, they get them.

User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

Q326 @ 11:14:04am Bangor mp CG60.7 with CSX engines #7211 + #5388 & 84 cars.

User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

BL2-1843 wrote:Where To Meet, that was the question this morning, but only after Q32931 was approaching South Lyon, and Q32831 was approaching Williamston. Q328 had 8000 feet of train, Q329 had 7000 feet. Both trains were stopped at each location until the dispatcher could figure out, who would fit where, and on what track. South Lyon, Brighton, Fowlerville or Williamston. As it turned out, 328 was held at Williamston and 329 would attempt to clear into the siding at Fowlerville. If they didn't, they would continue on to Williamston. The result" They did and it was a big to do over nothing.

Q32931 by Howell at 08:57 with CSX 5248+8851 and 111 cars including one empty five pack well car. Had not seen 8851 since 5-5-09. Q32831 went east at 09:52 with CSX 99+5372 and 132 cars. The two CN units mentioned on D708 yesterday, and cars are siting on main two at Lansing for pick up, if, they get them.
Q329-31 @ 12:31pm being reported by the DD at mp CH104.3 with 548 axles. Axle math works for 2 engines & 134 cars, but, posted above is mention of a 5 pack well car, adding 1 car to the DD report for 135 cars. ** New calculations after seeing a later post the 2 CN engines are in tow on Q329: 4 engines & 132 cars.

Q329-31 @ 13:09 being reported by the DD at mp CH126.3 with 548 axles & 8,505 feet long.
Last edited by Tom49801 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

BL2-1843 wrote:Where did the four BNSF units on Q329 on Wednesday go, as well as the passenger cars that D708 brought west from GLC?
The 4 BNSF engines were used for E800-30 the empty coal train on Jan 30th passing by Bangor mp CG60.7 @ 06:21am with 130 cars. Haven't seen those Commuter cars yet on the Grand Rapids sub, we were hoping to see them on last night's Q327-30 but they weren't on that train. Does anyone know what the destination is for those cars?

AFLK
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Location: Sunfield Mi

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by AFLK »

At 12:51 CSXT Q329 Cleared me at East End Lako with the 2 CN C40-8Ws trailing in the 3rd/4th slots.

User avatar
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan
Posts: 8483
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by SD80MAC »

One of the commuter cars had a problem with the brakes and they won’t move until it’s resolved. They are destined for Nashville, TN for the Music City Star commuter service.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/
Image

User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

E800-31 empty coal @ 19:06 with BNSF engines #9311 + #9202 has a Slow Clear signal at Holland mp CG25.3 to enter GR sub-div.

User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
Posts: 13938
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Grand Rapids
Contact:

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Saturnalia »

SD80MAC wrote:One of the commuter cars had a problem with the brakes and they won’t move until it’s resolved. They are destined for Nashville, TN for the Music City Star commuter service.
Would that be related to passenger equipment running on 110 pounds versus 90?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

E800-31 Bangor mp CG60.7 approach @ 20:16:50 with BNSF engines #9311 + #9202 & 130 empty coal cars (ran as the N800-29 yesterday) & BNSF engines #9028 + #9259 & another 130 empty coal cars (ran as the N800-30 yesterday).
Q327-31: at this time 20:51 not a word at all has been heard from Q327 (no crew?).
Q327 Update: still nothing heard on the radio calls as of 22:30
Last edited by Tom49801 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

Saturnalia wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:One of the commuter cars had a problem with the brakes and they won’t move until it’s resolved. They are destined for Nashville, TN for the Music City Star commuter service.
Would that be related to passenger equipment running on 110 pounds versus 90?
I don't think brake line pressure was the issue. Q329 had picked up 8 of those commuter cars in Lansing on Jan 29th. Q329 did go into emergency around mp CH137 due to a coupler breaking around the 30th car out of 140 cars.

User avatar
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer
Posts: 6920
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: On my laptop!

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Jochs »

P370-31 is currently going through Benton Harbor. Sounds like they departed "Union Station" in St. Joseph at 9:21 pm with IDTC 4613 leading
E800-31 is currently at Gray with BNSF 9311 leading.
edit: D800-31 at DD91.9 with 1064 axles, 14067 ft. at 9:58 pm.
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 7 and a half years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

User avatar
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: January, 2020.

Unread post by Tom49801 »

Jochs wrote:P370-31 is currently going through Benton Harbor. Sounds like they departed "Union Station" in St. Joseph at 9:21 pm with IDTC 4613 leading
E800-31 is currently at Gray with BNSF 9311 leading.
edit: D800-31 at DD91.9 with 1064 axles, 14067 ft. at 9:58 pm.
E800-31 at Bangor mp CG60.7 @ 20:16:50 is 2 complete empty coal trains coupled together. He has BNSF engines #9311 + #9202 leading & 130 empty coal cars (these engines were on N800-29 yesterday) then BNSF engines #9028 + #9259 & another 130 empty coal cars (these engines were on N800-30 yesterday).
Amtrak P370-31 Bangor mp CG60.7 approach @ 21:57:06

Post Reply