CP to Bluegrass Farms

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

Re: CP to Bluegrass Farms

Unread postby scraphauler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:17 pm

937trainfan - are you involved with Thd CP/IORY/Bluegrass project in a formal way, particularly marketing or management?
scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby bdconrail29 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:47 pm

After studying the matter further, does anyone really think this is going to be successful? I see nothing as of right now that indicates that this is going to come to real fruition. I hope I’m wrong.
Brett
bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby kwh » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:03 am

No. Not with the current economic tariff issues going on. once that clears up maybe
kwh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby midland sub » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:08 am

It helps if you know what products Bluegrass Farms processes and who they sell to. The non GMO soybeans are sold to South Korea just as they have for years now. Mitusui bought a 50% stake in BGF to expand their market to Japan and other Asian markets with the demand for non GMO soybeans and corn. China isn’t any part of their market nor the market for stuff that’s going to be coming from Asian markets. So kinda of hard to make a blanket statement about the future when you don’t know what’s the plan in the first place
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby kwh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:53 pm

My mistake I blanketed Asia to include China I stand corrected.
kwh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby JoJames » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:52 pm

China will need to buy US soybeans. Even with the tariff China has imposed on US soybeans.
JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby midland sub » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:24 pm

You also have to look at the change in how some of the regional grain coops are selling grain to foreign buyers directly. Heritage Co-op and Premier are both loading hundreds of 40 ft containers with corn like they used to load boxcars before the use of covered hoppers. Throw on top the distiller grain out of the largest ethanol plant in Ohio and you’re looking at potentially a couple thousand outbound agricultural container loads on top the BGF non gmo stuff. The real change to the shortline and regional world is developing traffic like this.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Previous

Return to Ohio Talk