NS Peavine talk

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

Re: NS Peavine talk

Unread postby northstar16 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:52 am

switcher.jpg

New MP 15 DC Switcher just added to the CCET. Getting plenty of rail work the last two weeks!
Attachments
switcher.jpg
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby northstar16 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Had dinner at the Urban Grill in Newtown last night looked on the wall where we were sitting and saw a painting of Chris Edwards Passenger Car. I kept looking at it and said out loud that is the passenger car that belongs to Chris Edwards sitting by the tracks at Broadwell Road. My girlfriend said what you know of it? Yes I see it down there when I go pass on occasion. Looks good!
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby northstar16 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:59 pm

The last few months the CCET is getting a few more customers. Line has been very active. New customer in Newtown just came on line last month will need to see how active they will be going forward. New siding has been opened up out east. Cohen as cars on the line and the CCET is hauling scrap metal to the west a few days a week. All good news for the CCET going forward.
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby northstar16 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Continue movement of CCET trains today and yesterday going east. Talked to an engineer yesterday from the CCET they are really busy up east. The Ag is doing very well this year with grain transfers, more grain shipments this year than ever before. Appears to be track work up east as the CCET is opening up some siding as well. According to this engineer and his buddy things are going well for the CCET. Not as much tanker storage as a year ago but they are picking up some new business enough to keep them busy for now.
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby heypal6878 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Northstar right you are. I have been rather busy at work but have been in Newtown playing some golf during the week and the CCET has been running nearly every day going back to Clare at least three days a week. I have noticed they the Ag must be very busy as the grain loads are on a average of 15 cars every time. It appears that tanker storage is not what it was months ago. I did see at as many as 20 tankers down at Clare today and the NS was moving cars around.

The CCET has picked up some small customers out east maybe that will eventually bring them increased business. Good to see the CCET continuing to operate on the Peavine.
heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby scraphauler » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:19 am

You can get official updates in the NEWS section of homesteadrailgroup.com.

Cohen in Macon OH has been shipping since 2017 by the way. As for storage, see response 8 posts back - still the case.
scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Who are CCET's customers?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby scraphauler » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Link to CCET’s website from Homestead site. There is a tab call CUSTOMERS - this has list of customers. Don’t think Garick has been added to list yet
scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
scraphauler wrote:Link to CCET’s website from Homestead site. There is a tab call CUSTOMERS - this has list of customers. Don’t think Garick has been added to list yet
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Previous

Return to Ohio Talk