view new messages button

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

view new messages button

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Can this button have an option that would allow you to put in a date or maybe just a new button with that feature, quite often at work I will log in to scan for hot topics but when I go home and log in to get the rest it is difficult to find them all.

Also it would prevent the fat fingered mouse error I have with hitting close instead of minimize. This would also get rid of the timeout error with us slow readers :roll:

:-)

Sousa
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I've been looking for something even a bit more useful. It would keep posts as new until you actually read them, regardless if you log off or not. If you prefer to stop reading the new posts, and want to mark them all as read, you can do that too.
If i can't get that one to work, then I'll look into something with a date searching feature.
The only tricky part about getting these modifications to work is that something could blow up the integration with the gallery, so I try being picky about what gets put on here... Also using two different themes with the shoutbox as well adds into complications.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com