Grand Rapids MI 03/29/05

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Grand Rapids MI 03/29/05

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Well, it's time for a trip report...even though it's just around town, and nearby cities, it's well worth a report for me. Haven't got out and about for quite some time. All this taking place between 11am and 2pm on 03/29/05

Heard on the scanner that X511 was leaving Lamar. Got my stuff together. Thought they were still before Ivanrest, so figured i had some time. Heard on the scanner that they were clear of Grandville, so i booked it out of here. Unfortunately, traffic sucks in Jenison so I wasn't able to get ahead of X511 here. After the tail end cleared, I headed west out towards Hudsonville. There, it was meeting X502. Got the following picture of X511 as it neared the west end of the Hudsonville siding:

Last edited by ~Z~ on Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Next up, we see CP X502 heading east just passing Hudsonville. This is between Balsam Dr and Port Sheldon St.

Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

X502 is seen again getting closer to Jenison. Here it is passing Meijers. X502 had mentioned to X511 to let them know when they pass by Meijers. So i found it fitting to include X502 with the Meijer sign.

Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CP 9706 & a very grungy CP 9530 lead X502 past X503 with Soo 6049 & Soo 6046 at Lamar.

Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

X502 stopped for a few short time at Wyoming Yard, immediately getting a new crew and heading east. I headed down to Buchanan Ave to get a picture. As this picture shows, the semi didn't agree with me. A semi decided to pull out of it's parking lot. This semi at least cleared before the train was fully by, but then stopped just past me along the side of the road. Zack wasn't happy :(

Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CP 9706 with X502 along Buchanan Ave just after the semi truck had cleared.

Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Heard a D006?? i believe give a pull, and decided to head back towards Market St. Saw the gates go down, but didn't see the train, so i tried to get ahead of it. Ended up seeing it out by Madison St..two lite CSX engines. Then headed back towards Wyoming Yard. Heard Q335 was on its way, so I stopped to get Taco Bell first. Here's CSXT 7380 & CSX 8425 pulling Q335 into Wyoming Yard. 03/29/05

Last edited by ~Z~ on Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CSXT 7380 & CSX 8425 pull Q335 into Wyoming Yard. The conductor had just gotten back in the engine after throwing a yard switch.

Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

After this train cleared, I headed back home to Jenison. After I got in, CP X503 decided to give a pull at Lamar. Headed out under I-196 in Jenison to catch this pair of Sooline units (Soo 6049 & Soo 6046). This concluded railfaning, and it was off to work. Thanks for looking!

Webmaster

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Nice!! I was in GR too. Have a Chicago trip report to make soon with a few cool videos.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Great show! :D I really wish I could see more of those engines come thru East Lansing... especially the SOO Line "Candy Apple Red" and Conrail blue. :(

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Gregg Pullano wrote:Great show! :D I really wish I could see more of those engines come thru East Lansing... especially the SOO Line "Candy Apple Red" and Conrail blue. :(
well, they did both come through lansing earlier in the day, but i know it's hard to find out what they are before they come through. I really do enjoy the "Candy Apple Red" ones as well.
And BB, get those videos posted! I'd like to see what you came up with.
Webmaster