The server goofed about Daylight Saving Time

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

The server goofed about Daylight Saving Time

Unread post by Garry K »

I just noticed that the times on recent posts are all off by an hour. Apparently, the server that hosts Railroadfan.com never had the Daylight Saving Time patch applied and so it thought DST ended last weekend.

C'est la vie.

Garry K

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: The server goofed about Daylight Saving Time

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Garry K wrote:I just noticed that the times on recent posts are all off by an hour. Apparently, the server that hosts Railroadfan.com never had the Daylight Saving Time patch applied and so it thought DST ended last weekend.

C'est la vie.

Garry K
Actually not quite correct... guess you hadn't noticed that your time has been off by an hour for the last quite a few months...your profile was set to GMT -5 instead of GMT -4. This phpbb message board actually doesn't have the ability to automatically change your time when daylight saving hits, so you have to manually go into your profile and set the time. This upcoming Sunday, the time will need to be set back to GMT -5...i modified your profile for now so the times are right for the rest of this week. I'll look again to see if they have an update for DST and apply if they do.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Well lookie there, someone finally came out with a script I can run to update most user's timezones :) This will correct your timezone if you live in the Eastern time zone and observe DST. I'll run the fix for it Sunday morning or late Saturday night.... for those on any time zone besides Eastern, you'd have to update your profile anyway, so please do so sometime during the day Sunday or later.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com