Port Huron trip report

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Port Huron trip report

Unread post by RailCanon »

I went to Port Huron with my father today and here is what happened:

We got to Port Huron around 3:50 PM, and we went to the amtrak station first, Nothing there. Then we went to the CSX yard, GP15T 1524 was sitting in the yard and a remote control GE was Idling away, Before we left I got a Picture of the 1524. Then it was off to the Edison Museum. The 75 was sitting at the depot, they were giving cab tours to the public and running the engine up and down the track for demonstrations. While I was there, I had a nice chat with Dennis Braid (SRI's Executive director).
Then we went into the museum to check things out. After the days activities ceased at 5:00, the 75 was cooled down and a tarp was put over her cab. After watching the 75 cool down, we went to try and find GT/CN GP40 6401, but we couldn't find it. :( We arrived back in East Lansing after dark, but we went to see if there was any action in the trowbridge area. We saw a CSX freight at the Harrison Rd Crossing :) Even better it was being led by a CSX Dash 8!! :D I don't get to see those very often. Pretty good day for railfanning.

Gregg P

BB
Railroadfan...fan

When I went to Port Huron.

Unread post by BB »

Hey Gregg, glad you had a good day of railfanning.

Back in 2001 when I went to Port Huron the 1523 was at the yard or what I assumed was the yard. 1523 and 1524 are the ones that visit Port Huron a lot or are based there. The GT/CN GP40 6401 is the Operation Lifesaver unit and the last GP40 on the roster :?: Did you happen to see a CSX Little Giant crane at the yard :?: When I was at Port Huron there was a Little Giant crane at the yard with either a crane or a jet engine for snow removal. I'm pretty sure it had a jet engine though.

Here is the CSX 1523 at Port Huron back in 2001.
[img]http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/1550/csx1523.jpg[/img]
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: When I went to Port Huron.

Unread post by ~Z~ »

BB wrote:Hey Gregg, glad you had a good day of railfanning.

Back in 2001 when I went to Port Huron the 1523 was at the yard or what I assumed was the yard. 1523 and 1524 are the ones that visit Port Huron a lot or are based there. The GT/CN GP40 6401 is the Operation Lifesaver unit and the last GP40 on the roster :?: Did you happen to see a CSX Little Giant crane at the yard :?: When I was at Port Huron there was a Little Giant crane at the yard with either a crane or a jet engine for snow removal. I'm pretty sure it had a jet engine though.

Here is the CSX 1523 at Port Huron back in 2001.
That "little giant" is one quite interesting piece...thanks for sharing you two. Need to get myself out past Durand sometime...flint, port huron. one member insists Bay City is the place..wonder who that is :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com