Spammers

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Spammers

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'm working on some mods to prevent the spammers from registering on this board. Even if one does get through and registers, usually it's always someone that doesn't post, but only registers just to have their spamming website linked. The most sites they post their link on, the higher google ranks them and the more hits they get. If this mod I'm putting in place doesn't stop them from registering, I'll make sure later to keep their account off the member list as well. I installed a small mod today to try to keep them from registering...i'll be tweaking it for the next couple weeks to see how it's running. Just wanted to keep you all up to speed on keeping junk off the board.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

snoopdober
D to the O to the double G

a

Unread post by snoopdober »

good job webmaster

snoop

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

Great to hear that you are trying to keep the trash off this site, keep up the great work! :D
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Not a single spammer since this was implemented... I'd say it's working so far :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com