cloning railroadfan.com. Ohio and Indiana versions

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

"The funny thing about Toledo is...We actually had to fight to keep from losing it to you guys!"

History says there was never a shot fired over the state line, but it sure is neat to drive into Buckeye territory and find a road named 'Old State Line Rd.'. It once separated Wolverines from Buckeyes. Yep; it's there if you look on Google Earth. We had Toledo hands down.

Anybody here care to think of 'Corporal Klinger' (of MASH fame) being from Toledo, MI? It would have screwed up his whole routine as well as his dress code. :wink:

Seriously though, I think this forum is doing just fine as is. It concentrates on Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana much better than the so called 'national forums' do. I read some of them, and all including the pay to read board do not offer what we get here. They are interesting, but have little information on our three states. Those tidbits of quality information show up here.

Input on good railfanning sites is invaluable to us who can make a day trip, or overnighter. You have the inside info, and it is appreciated. I've been known to burn up a few tanks of gas seeking out spots recommended by Buckeyes and Hoosiers. Now taking a 'time out' till I can afford to travel.
Norm

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

If anyone is craving for more out of Ohio, I will be making a trip to Marion this weekend, hopefully with pictures as results.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Y@ Heilman wrote:
If we're all family, was Zack our mother? WHO WAS THE DAD ZACK?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was not me......

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Railfan James wrote:I was not me......
If you were not you, who was you?

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

cmhfan wrote:The funny thing about Toledo is...We actually had to fight to keep from losing it to you guys!
Well, we did get the U.P. as a consolation prize...

I know that fragmenting a board too much is not a good idea, but maybe if there was a specific Ohio/Indiana/Illinois forum, instead of using Other States, more folks from those areas would feel comfortable posting here.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I am more interested in seeing the Lower Michigan and Train Updates split into Eastern and Western Michigan sections.

As for Ohio having their own railroad related site I am pretty indifferent in that regard since I’ve not been to the Buckeye State since 1998 and never watched trains there yet.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

GTW6401 wrote:I am more interested in seeing the Lower Michigan and Train Updates split into Eastern and Western Michigan sections.
IIRC, for a while there was a section for us east siders (before I was technically an east sider though...), but after Patrick got banned (the first time) that section died rather quickly...

Personally, I like the current format. I enjoy reading the posts from around the state without having to take the time to load additional forum pages...
~ Charles W.