Lookin for Info on GLC, AA, HE, LSRC and CSX @ Romulus

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TPW4055_BNSF2184
Railroadfan...fan

Lookin for Info on GLC, AA, HE, LSRC and CSX @ Romulus

Unread post by TPW4055_BNSF2184 »

Wanted to go to MI to see the cool shortlines that IL DOESNT have.

Just wanted to know if anyone knows when GLC runs east/south and north/west out of Owosso. Really dont wanna go to Cadillac to see the GP35s if i dont have to... unless someone says id be guaranteed to see like 3 trains or something.

Also wanted to know when AA runs ANYTHING around Ann Arbor, when HESR goes to Durand, and when LSRC to or north out of Flint.

Last thing.. how busy is CSX thru Romulus? Not lookin for any other class 1s just wanted to see a train at a certain spot in town and thats it.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Lookin for Info on GLC, AA, HE, LSRC and CSX @ Romulus

Unread post by AARR »

GLC usually reports to Owosso by 8am, M-F, and is heading north between 9-10am. Night crew usually reports around 6pm and is heading south by 7-8pm.

AA probably gets to Ann Arbor several times a week to interchange with GLC at a location called Osmer (between Warren and Joy Roads) which is about 2 miles north of Ann Arbor. The days probably are unpredictable as they have no steady customers other than GLC past Dundee.

HESR usually arrives in Durand M-F between 3-5pm and departs north 30-60 minutes later.

Not sure about LSRC at this time but I'd guess road trains arrive/depart Flint from north and south mid to late afternoon.
TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone knows when GLC runs east/south and north/west out of Owosso. Really dont wanna go to Cadillac to see the GP35s if i dont have to... unless someone says id be guaranteed to see like 3 trains or something.

Also wanted to know when AA runs ANYTHING around Ann Arbor, when HESR goes to Durand, and when LSRC to or north out of Flint.

Last thing.. how busy is CSX thru Romulus? Not lookin for any other class 1s just wanted to see a train at a certain spot in town and thats it.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:

The GLC schedule has been a bit off lately running SB. For example, yesterday they were running through Durand NB at 3:07 pm, which would mean they likely left SB around 9am. A couple days ago they weren't going SB until 4:30 through Cohoctah. I think a lot has to do with what runs they need to make each day. Do they have to go up to Oakley on a given day. How much work in Owosso do they have from previous days trains.

It does appear, from posts on the GLC Facebook group, that the GLC is running daily OSTN (SB from Owosso) and running NB at night from Owosso. CNTN (Cadillac North) seems to run during the day and CSTN (Cadillac South) seems to run at night.

From what I recall, to make movements as efficient as possible, they run the north and south end trains at the same time, and the middle trains at the same time. This allows the middle trains to meet to expedite traffic movement over the railroad.

As for the AA. They have historically seemed to run north at night, but more recently there have been sightings of them in the early daylight morning hours around AA.

I can't speak to the HESR, CSX or LSRC operations

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

AARR wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:16 pm
GLC usually reports to Owosso by 8am, M-F, and is heading north between 9-10am. Night crew usually reports around 6pm and is heading south by 7-8pm.

AA probably gets to Ann Arbor several times a week to interchange with GLC at a location called Osmer (between Warren and Joy Roads) which is about 2 miles north of Ann Arbor. The days probably are unpredictable as they have no steady customers other than GLC past Dundee.

HESR usually arrives in Durand M-F between 3-5pm and departs north 30-60 minutes later.

Not sure about LSRC at this time but I'd guess road trains arrive/depart Flint from north and south mid to late afternoon.
TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:

Romulus sees maybe no more than 10-12 a day on CSX, a lot of it at night, the NS is a little busier. You can catch a few in daylight in the morning and a couple in the late afternoon. Everything else is at night.

The AA runs north daily Tuesday thru Saturday, they don’t always go as far as Ann Arbor... sometimes they turn at Milan.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

TPW4055_BNSF2184
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks for all the help. So sounds like my best bet for GLC is to go to Owosso and see what happens? As for AA... If i can't get em in AA thats fine.. Dundee would be better but theyre runnin at night?

TPW4055_BNSF2184
Railroadfan...fan

ns8401 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 am
Romulus sees maybe no more than 10-12 a day on CSX, a lot of it at night, the NS is a little busier. You can catch a few in daylight in the morning and a couple in the late afternoon. Everything else is at night.
Any idea what time D716 runs?(the CSX local) If i could catch that at the spot i want and get him goin to Home Depot thatd be well worth the trip.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:05 am
ns8401 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 am
Any idea what time D716 runs?(the CSX local) If i could catch that at the spot i want and get him goin to Home Depot thatd be well worth the trip.
Anytime after 6pm they’ll be making their stops in that area. They switch a dirty dirt facility and I think something else between Wayne and Romulus and then they will go down to what they call “Kelsey Hayes” which used to own the wheel plant Home Depot now occupies. So if you hear reference to that on the scanner that’s what it is. It seems to take 1-3 hours in there and then they head back north.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Lake State leaves Wixom around 7am for Flint and returns south soon afterward.

TPW4055_BNSF2184
Railroadfan...fan

GTW6401 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 pm
Cool. 5 days a week?

ns8401 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:33 am
Anytime after 6pm they’ll be making their stops in that area. They switch a dirty dirt facility and I think something else between Wayne and Romulus and then they will go down to what they call “Kelsey Hayes” which used to own the wheel plant Home Depot now occupies. So if you hear reference to that on the scanner that’s what it is. It seems to take 1-3 hours in there and then they head back north.
I was afraid of that.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Yes, maybe six days a week.
TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:59 pm
GTW6401 wrote:
Cool. 5 days a week?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:59 pm
GTW6401 wrote:
Cool. 5 days a week?

ns8401 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:33 am
I was afraid of that.
Yeah it’s a late light in June southbound I’m afraid.

D735 should be a 7 day a week train if you wanted to catch the CSX half of that LSRC run in Romulus.