Railfanning Information

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Railfanning Information

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'm thinking of adding a new section. It'll be called something along the lines of Railfanning Information. This will be quite a different area. Seeing all the information that has been posting about locomotive identification, railfan locations, and frequency information, i need to get more of this general information in a separate area. I thought about just copying and pasting this information to the main page, but that'd include a lot of redoing information and changing formats.
Information that you guys have been posting would still be originally posted in areas like trip reports or off subject chit chat, but i'd move topics over to the railfan information and lock them.
I could do that, or have you guys be allowed to respond to them, asking questions and making updates as you choose..that may be a better option. Any opinions?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Let's think about this one....

Unread post by Railzfan »

I like the idea of having a ‘Railfanning’ page, but don’t like the idea of having the posts locked! I can see for some posts that have detailed railfanning information that shouldn’t be replied to, but not just basic “here and there” info. :D
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Zack, as far as loco identification goes, Let me know and i can build the page pretty much for you. I am the loco guy here :-)

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Railfanning information would be a good seprate topic.
For now I think leave the topics open so people can respond to them, make updates ect...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I could help out with locomotive information. BIG diesel fan here.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Count me in!

Unread post by Railzfan »

I too could help out with diesel locomotive identification, I know a ton about diesels! :D
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

And I can do Steam very well.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Railfanning Information is now created! I'm going through posts to move over to that area as time permits. I moved around the forums themselves to be in a better order, but all other forums are still as is. If anyone has suggestions on specific threads to move to railfanning information, please either email me ( webmaster@railroadfan.com ) or PM me with the URL to move, i.e. http://www.railroadfan.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1107 , like that. Anyway, hope you enjoy!
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com