CN Inquiry

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
rwtrave
Railroadfan...fan

CN Inquiry

Unread post by rwtrave »

Hello all,

I haven't posted on RRFan in years and figured I'd come here for an inquiry I have on Canadian National in Michigan. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I didn't see anything quite matching my query upon search.

Lately I've been trying to document CN action on the DT&SL line between Detroit and Toledo. I have spent a decent amount of time (multiple days) in the Monroe and Luna Pier areas and have only managed to capture the M382 northbound on a single occasion. I am aware that the M382/M383 are the trains to CSX in Walbridge and that those run on a -mostly- daily basis. What I'm curious about is whether or not CN runs anything aside from these trains with any type of regularity. I've heard mixed reports of them running an M391, an A401/A402 pair, and an A482/A483 pair. Does anyone have the exact scoop? If so, it is very much appreciated. Rough times on when these trains operate would also be appreciated.

Thanks much!

GTW6401
how bout no

Re: CN Inquiry

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I would say to start moving north of Trenton when your along the Shoreline.

Most everything is coming or going from Flat Rock now. The stretch between Rockwood and Toledo is the slowest.

Its mainly only 482 and 483 running to Toledo now. 391, and 401/402 are not running anymore.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

About two weeks ago a 506 ran from Toledo to Flat Rock. Maybe a regular train again.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Haven’t they been running X401 randomly? Mostly sand hoppers and lumber flats iirc

rwtrave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rwtrave »

Roger that. Thanks for the help, guys.