new locomotive at the saginaw railway museum

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

new locomotive at the saginaw railway museum

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

a couple of weeks ago we just got a new locomotive a ge 25 tonner now we have 2 of them a 1943 model and a 1953 model i will be there runing the model trains if its nice out i might start a locomotive or 2
we will be open this saturday September 20th 1-4pm admission is by a free will donation

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index ... cepts.html
member of the
Soo Line historical society
DSS&A historical society
http://www.youtube.com/user/tricityrailfan

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: new locomotive at the saginaw railway museum

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Nice Astrovanman! I hope it's both useful for the museum's interpretation of railroad history and also as useful as a utility piece. The Shore Line Trolley Museum in Connecticut where I work acquired a 23-ton GE diesel last year in September for use as a utility piece to move equipment where we do not yet have wire strung and to help tow around larger cars like our subways which a trackmobile can't handle. It was a legit "park diesel," sitting under a shade tree for over 25 years in Queens, NY. As of last week it has been completely rehabilitated (it was actually in surprisingly good shape to begin with). Now we just need to make a few more repairs to the brakes and it'll be ready for the big time!

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

Please allow a question. At this museum, there is a track that comes off a main track, and goes south a couple of blocks, and goes into an industrial area. You can clearly make out the former footprint of a large building that the tracks went to--or inside of. What did this used to be??

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

joeyuboats wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:07 pm
Please allow a question. At this museum, there is a track that comes off a main track, and goes south a couple of blocks, and goes into an industrial area. You can clearly make out the former footprint of a large building that the tracks went to--or inside of. What did this used to be??
Saginaw Steering Gear Plant #2