Transformer on LSRC

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Transformer on LSRC

Unread post by AARR »

This transformer may go to Wabash Power at the west end of Saginaw Yard. They get occasional heavy equipment. Can someone respond to Elba Steve.
Posted by Elba Steve on 7/8/2020, 6:30 pm
Lake State RR ran a special load into Flint this a.m. Looks to be a large transformer (dimensional load) resting on a very large depressed center flat car. Load is currently setting on the Turnsted lead north end of McGrew yard. Someone up north is getting this delivered, maybe tomorrow. Haven't heard anything about it going out tonight.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTW6401
how bout no

Re: Transformer on LSRC

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Similar train ran back in December. That was three GE Prolec Transformers to DTE in St. Clair County.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

The transformers to St Clair would have been for the gas plant DTE is building to replace the coal plants. 80mac will probably correct me on this, but Consumers is building several gas turbine plants around the state (including Gaylord, iirc)- would they be receiving components for those plants by rail, or are their components small enough to travel by truck only?
GTW6401 wrote:Similar train ran back in December. That was three GE Prolec Transformers to DTE in St. Clair County.
~ Charles W.

Bryce The Train Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bryce The Train Guy »

I saw Q326 in Jenioson Yesterday and they stopped and got re crewed in front of us. Than at 5:47pmThey went on the move again.

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

That is not a transformer but rather a generator.

K. Borg

GTWwatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWwatcher »

This generator was interchanged to the CN in Flint. Saw a video on Facebook today of it going through Charlotte as X521.

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW »

The generator is in Edwardsburg, Mi along the CN main. Looks like it is being unloaded there.