LSRC / CSX hoppers in wixom / novi

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
mach69
Railroadfan...fan

LSRC / CSX hoppers in wixom / novi

Unread post by mach69 »

Just saw a long string of CSXT covered hoppers sitting just west of Beck Road on the LSRC leased CSX line through Novi. Anyone know what that train is for?

GTW6401
how bout no

Re: LSRC / CSX hoppers in wixom / novi

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Car storage.

mach69
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mach69 »

Any idea on when those hoppers might be moving again?

It appears that the yard that contains the spur leading to Ford's former Wixom Assembly Plant is also used to store wagons. I'm wondering if the lines in the former factory will be refurbished at some point.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

GTW6401 wrote:Car storage.
CSX brought up on Tuesday a double grain empty for LSRC. First half was all CSX CHs and second was a mixed bag of CHs. Four engines.

https://youtu.be/lz4baHJjorA

That must be the CSX CHs filled up.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

It appears that the yard that contains the spur leading to Ford's former Wixom Assembly Plant is also used to store wagons. I'm wondering if the lines in the former factory will be refurbished at some point.
That is what I thought you were referring to. Its likely that you saw a northbound grain train on sitting on the main waiting for an LSRC crew to arrive.

Wixom and/or Novi siding is where LSRC and CSX interchange. LSRC Z127 goes north to Flint in the morning, and returns to Wixom a few hours later.

CSX D735 usually arrives in Plymouth around 4 or 5pm before heading up to Novi. They return toward Walbridge afterward.

Coal and grain trains can often wait for crews to arrive.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

GTW6401 wrote:
That is what I thought you were referring to. Its likely that you saw a northbound grain train on sitting on the main waiting for an LSRC crew to arrive.

Wixom and/or Novi siding is where LSRC and CSX interchange. LSRC Z127 goes north to Flint in the morning, and returns to Wixom a few hours later.

CSX D735 usually arrives in Plymouth around 4 or 5pm before heading up to Novi. They return toward Walbridge afterward.

Coal and grain trains can often wait for crews to arrive.
The video I showed was LSRC pulling the double train north. The CSX CHs sported in Wixom must be the filled up ones.