Owosso-Paines

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Owosso-Paines

Unread post by AARR »

From the other board.

Chessie Dispatcher has an excellent response to Alex question. https://members4.boardhost.com/RRHXHist ... 43427.html

I wanted to add that I've seen a customer list when AA started service over this segment (April 1, 1977) and there were customers at all stations including the end of the line in Fergus (fertilizer), St. Charles (lumber) and Swan Creek (fertilizer). The largest shipper was the elevator in Oakley. AA switched the line twice a week.
Posted by Alex on 6/16/2020, 4:06 pm

I was riding my bike on the Saginaw Valley Trail yesterday...

Looking at an old map, when PC pulled the ex-MC to Saginaw, did the line end at St. Charles for a while? Then get truncated further back to Fergus. The line to Saginaw was pulled back in the early 80's, AFAIK.

Current terminus is just S. of Fergus.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Owosso-Paines

Unread post by Steve B »

I recall a 1990 or 1991 MSTRP newsletter which states that by that time, Fergus-St. Charles was only being maintained for 1225 use, and the MSTRP had to do all the work on the track. When was that segment torn up?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Owosso-Paines

Unread post by AARR »

Seems like it was removed in the early 90's perhaps shortly after you read the MSTRP newsletter.
Steve B wrote:I recall a 1990 or 1991 MSTRP newsletter which states that by that time, Fergus-St. Charles was only being maintained for 1225 use, and the MSTRP had to do all the work on the track. When was that segment torn up?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...