Amtrak and Kalamazoo Curfew

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Amtrak and Kalamazoo Curfew

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

For those who have not heard, the City of Kalamazoo has implemented a curfew beginning this evening at 7pm and lasting until 5am due to the violence seen Monday night. This curfew will be in effect for one week. The only exceptions are traveling to/from work and seeking medical attention.

Politics aside, I’m curious if anyone knows how this will affect the Blue Water? They’re still due in at just after 7:30 this evening, and I haven’t heard anything from the City regarding how that’s being handled.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: Amtrak and Kalamazoo Curfew

Unread post by Ypsi »

No one is riding trains right now anyway
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

Amtrak is leaving Chicago after their curfew each night ... I don't see why Kalamazoo's curfew would affect them.

People are riding the trains through Northern Indiana. Not the usual levels, but still people taking advantage of the service.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Dropping 96% would hardly justify “taking advantage of the service” :lol: but it may be creeping back up, but last month was a really low month. It’ll be interesting to see when it gets enough to bring back a round trip or back to 6 trains.

https://www.wmuk.org/post/amtrak-travel ... s#stream/0
In Michigan, the Wolverine line from Pontiac to Chicago saw travel fall more than 96 percent.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

It isn't the drop, it is the rise. Those 4% ARE "taking advantage" of the service being available.