New section added.......Other states

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

New section added.......Other states

Unread post by patrick »

Hello from Moderator land folks! Zack and I have added a new section to the site tonight. its for Railfans in states other than michigan to post things that they see in their everyday life. i want to know about things like far away shortlines.... busy class ones, and the commuter trains. I want to know all of this. Remember if you take a trip to one of these "other states" please continue to put your trips in the "trip reports" section. More possible updates may follow soon including one having to do with videos. Stay tuned.......

patrick - Site Moderator

MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

:idea::arrow:How about a Canadian board?

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

OR, just put “Other States/ Provinces”, it would then benefit both instead of creating a whole new page. :idea:
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

or you guys could just use the other states board and call it good... I highly doubt, do to the lack of canadian visitors, that we'll be putting in a canada board section. just use the board as you think things fit. we can move things if we need to.

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Aleks »

While I like the sentiment, there are plenty of Canadian based sites for Canadian railfans so for now keep it as is.
While you may not truly know how many Canadians actually do check this site I personally use it as a forum to let the guys over Michigan way know what's happening on this side of the border because trains through my home town for the most part come from or go to Michigan and beyond to other states.
Likewise I hope that you guys supply me with info that might give me a heads-up as to something good that may be coming my way.
It's also a good site for me as I travel to Michigan on Business at least twice per month so it's good to know what's happening there for me personally.
Last edited by Aleks on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Personally, I like hearing about whats happening in far off never never lands like canada. I can't get out much and leaving the country isn't an option for me as much as i'd love to sometimes. But I think the site will indeed stay as it is because other than you, we do not get much canada stuff posted here. what we do get is usually trip reports and those all go in the same section. the other sections are for more day to day things and other stuff. We had a heads up section but combined that several months ago into the lower boards as it wasn't used much. I like the board the way it is and untill we get more use out of it, it proabablly won't change a whole lot.