Great Lakes Central Updates April 2020

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Great Lakes Central Updates April 2020

Unread post by TC Man »

GLC is in TC- at night! Empty for Beacon and a load for Amerhart.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I wonder which crew was used? Maybe the Owosso night crew was driven to Cadillac?
TC Man wrote:GLC is in TC- at night! Empty for Beacon and a load for Amerhart.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

I read that GLC put on a night crew in Cadillac again, like they had years ago. Back in the late 90's, GLC used to run to TC mostly always late at night, so this was cool. They also came up at night a couple weeks ago. I wonder if this will be the norm this spring while they finish up track work in TC?

Also, Amerhart and Beacon are still open (lumber stores seem to be essential, as the scrap yard (I assume because they provide metals to the auto industry??). I am total speculating...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Late 90's and early 2000's IIRC is when TSBY implemented a day and night crew out of Cadillac. That's when Cherry Growers, Integrity Iron & Metal and Schultz Snyder Steele were all getting switched multiple times a week. Also, the cement transload in Elmira was getting switched three times a week. And of course the sand mine in Yuma was switched daily.
TC Man wrote:I read that GLC put on a night crew in Cadillac again, like they had years ago. Back in the late 90's, GLC used to run to TC mostly always late at night, so this was cool.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Nothing going on in Cadillac this morning. Assuming they are still north.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

TC Man wrote:I read that GLC put on a night crew in Cadillac again, like they had years ago. Back in the late 90's, GLC used to run to TC mostly always late at night, so this was cool. They also came up at night a couple weeks ago. I wonder if this will be the norm this spring while they finish up track work in TC?

Also, Amerhart and Beacon are still open (lumber stores seem to be essential, as the scrap yard (I assume because they provide metals to the auto industry??). I am total speculating...

While lumber stores are open, residential and commercial construction is not. Just spitting here but these lumber cars are cars that were previously ordered and we should expect to see them slowdown as this thing lingers.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Looking west from 127 in Ithaca there's a long string of cars. I didn't see any power so I would imagine nb 1404

railroader and son
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroader and son »

Yes 2 crew's in Cadillac now,day crew and evening crew. Day crew has been handling out bound car's going south,and switching the sawmill and co-op in Mcbain. Plus Farwell and Clare work,they have been meeting Owosso crew in Clare,Rosebush,or Mt.Plesant. Night crew works local Cadillac switching,handling Viking Energy in Mcbain and working point's north of Cadillac. Of course this can vary depending on customer needs,locomotives available,etc.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Leaving Mcbain for Clare at 0950.

Last edited by AANscaleRunner on Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Ontn just stopping at zfs in Ithaca. 396 & 329. Interesting stuff on there today. Looked like a bulkhead flat car with some big blocks on it. 1025

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac at 1515. Gons for TC, steel plate for Kaleva.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:Returned to Cadillac at 1515. Gons for TC, steel plate for Kaleva.

Any idea how many gons for TC? One was dropped off at Beacon the other night.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

TC Man wrote:Any idea how many gons for TC? One was dropped off at Beacon the other night.
3 came into Cadillac.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Has there been a net gain in business for there to now be a night crew in Cadillac? Or is this a result of a simple shift in which job does what?

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:
TC Man wrote:Any idea how many gons for TC? One was dropped off at Beacon the other night.
3 came into Cadillac.
Thanks. And I swear there was not a video in your post when I asked my question lol. I'm losing it, I think!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Some computers don't show the video. My work computer doesn't show it but my home computer does.

At work I hit the Quote button, copy the Youtube address, open up another window and paste the address into the address bar. The video shows up.
TC Man wrote:
AANscaleRunner wrote:
3 came into Cadillac.
Thanks. And I swear there was not a video in your post when I asked my question lol. I'm losing it, I think!

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:Some computers don't show the video. My work computer doesn't show it but my home computer does.

At work I hit the Quote button, copy the Youtube address, open up another window and paste the address into the address bar. The video

3 came into Cadillac.
Thanks. And I swear there was not a video in your post when I asked my question lol. I'm losing it, I think![/quote][/quote]

Thanks for the tip! I can see it on my phone, but not laptop (I was using my laptop yesterday when I posted my question).

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 0855.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1030.

Last edited by AANscaleRunner on Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac at 1450. 5 gons for Beacon came in today. Total of 8 waiting to go up.