CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:46 pm

D700-25 @ 14:40:27 eastward Bangor's Charles St crossing mp CG60.78 with CSX engine #2692 & 7 cars (1 Tank, 1 CH & 5 loaded Hi-tops).
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby J T » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Tom49801 wrote:D700-25 @ 14:40:27 eastward Bangor's Charles St crossing mp CG60.78 with CSX engine #2692 & 7 cars (1 Tank, 1 CH & 5 loaded Hi-tops).

Currently at Wells. D801 with the roll by. Q326 clear east end Gross.
User avatar
J T
Hates Supper
 
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:07 pm

Q326-25 @ 14:57:59 Bangor's Division St crossing mp CG60.93 with CSX engines #8812 + #391 + #5307 & 164 cars.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:19 pm

J T wrote:
Tom49801 wrote:D700-25 @ 14:40:27 eastward Bangor's Charles St crossing mp CG60.78 with CSX engine #2692 & 7 cars (1 Tank, 1 CH & 5 loaded Hi-tops).

Currently at Wells. D801 with the roll by. Q326 clear east end Gross.

D700-25 will be going into Holland mp CG25.3 to pick up cars.
Last edited by Tom49801 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:33 pm

D801-25 @ 16:31 BNSF engines #9026 + #6048 is cutting away from Q326 at Saugatuck mp CG30 & will then head back to the east end of Saugatuck Siding mp CG32 to pick up 3 loaded coal cars to take back to West Olive.
D700-25 @ 16:44 had reported on the move eastward at Waverly mp CG23. The DD at CG19.1 report for D700 was stepped on.
Q326-25 @ 16:46 reported an Approach Medium signal at Holland mp 25.3
Q326-25 @ 17:29 repoeted by the DD mp CG19.1 with 674 axles. CSX engines #8812 + #391 + #5307 & 164 cars.
D700-25 @ 17:32 reported rfom Grandville mp CG6.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Steamlogger » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:28 pm

D700 had 35 cars when he went by Meijer at MP7
Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:23 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby SW » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:55 pm

NB local just turned east at Plymouth. CSX 6420 + 12 steel coil cars, 2 covered hoppers, and 1 boxcar.
Northville Steve
User avatar
SW
Rail Trail Explorer
 
Posts: 10003
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Northville, MI - 1 mile east of MP 79 on the CSX Saginaw Sub

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am

Q327-26 @ 07:16 reported by the DD mp CG19.1 with 408 axles. CSX engines #5423 + #8051 & 99 cars. Went into Waverly/Holland mp CG23 to drop off some cars.
Q327-26 @ 08:04 on the move departing Holland.
​Q327-26 @ 09:17:30 Bangor's Center St crossing mp CG60.35 with CSX engines #5423 + #8051 & 93 cars. He had dropped off 9 cars in Holland this morning.
Last edited by Tom49801 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:22 am

Steamlogger wrote:D700 had 35 cars when he went by Meijer at MP7

Thank you Steamlogger - nice to see you again, too! :)
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby georgehmanning » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 am

​@09:17:30am ET westbound Q327 CSX #5423 + #8051 and 93 freight cars arriving Bangor Michigan MP 60.35
georgehmanning
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:33 pm
Location: Rush Springs, OK

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby CantBeShook.WeHot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:54 am

q32626 cottage grove IL. q32726 kirk MI. q32826 arrived detroit 8am. q32926 trowbridge lansing.
d70026 set for 10:45am grand rapids. d70725 arrived lansing 3am. d70826 set for noon lansing.
n80027, e80026 in system.
q15026 set for noon north baltimore. q15126 on duty detroit. q13125 annulled. q13225 set for 3:30pm salem IL. q13224 alexis Toledo. q50826 overpeck junction OH. q50926 kleman OH. q38626 willard oH. q38726 pickle road toledo.
User avatar
CantBeShook.WeHot
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 8:31 am

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:40 am

D700-26 @ 10:38am westward reported from Lamar mp CG3.5 with CSX engine #2692.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby train91 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:49 am

CantBeShook.WeHot wrote:q32626 cottage grove IL. q32726 kirk MI. q32826 arrived detroit 8am. q32926 trowbridge lansing.
d70026 set for 10:45am grand rapids. d70725 arrived lansing 3am. d70826 set for noon lansing.
n80027, e80026 in system.
q15026 set for noon north baltimore. q15126 on duty detroit. q13125 annulled. q13225 set for 3:30pm salem IL. q13224 alexis Toledo. q50826 overpeck junction OH. q50926 kleman OH. q38626 willard oH. q38726 pickle road toledo.

Are those the first coal trains in awhile?
train91
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby LansingRailFan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:56 am

329 in Ensel trying to pull out. Lots of CFBX CHs from Zeeland Farms and also the welded rail train from LSRC.

Over 130 cars headed west. They just started
LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:21 pm
Location: Lansing

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 am

train91 wrote:
CantBeShook.WeHot wrote:q32626 cottage grove IL. q32726 kirk MI. q32826 arrived detroit 8am. q32926 trowbridge lansing.
d70026 set for 10:45am grand rapids. d70725 arrived lansing 3am. d70826 set for noon lansing.
n80027, e80026 in system.
q15026 set for noon north baltimore. q15126 on duty detroit. q13125 annulled. q13225 set for 3:30pm salem IL. q13224 alexis Toledo. q50826 overpeck junction OH. q50926 kleman OH. q38626 willard oH. q38726 pickle road toledo.

Are those the first coal trains in awhile?

Thru Bangor there was N800 on March 22nd, E800 on the 23rd, N800 & E800 on the 24th, there are other entries too here on railroadfan.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:08 am

D700-26 @ 11:06am westward reported by the DD mp CG19.1 with 24 axles. CSX engine #2692 & 5 cars.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby train91 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:40 am

I have been very busy. Fell behind on monitoring Coal Train postings.
Thanks...
train91
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby LansingRailFan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 am

D708 looks to be headed East shortly to interchange w GLC. GLC has 70ish cars for CSX today.
LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:21 pm
Location: Lansing

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby BL2-1843 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am

LansingRailFan wrote:329 in Ensel trying to pull out. Lots of CFBX CHs from Zeeland Farms and also the welded rail train from LSRC.Over 130 cars headed west. They just started


Q32926 has Engine 4+5310, repeat power from Q328 on the 23rd. Had 69 cars by Howell at 09:00. 708 took back 57 cars from Howell yesterday including the ribbon rail empty from GLC. Second day in a row with a bunch of CFBX cars. Looked brand new, plus the built date on them was 10-19. With 130 cars, there were four others added to the consist. Q32826 went east at 05:55 with 5432+8812+391+5307 and 74 cars.
Last edited by BL2-1843 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster
 
Posts: 3896
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: March, 2020.

Unread postby Tom49801 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:15 pm

BL2-1843 wrote:
LansingRailFan wrote:329 in Ensel trying to pull out. Lots of CFBX CHs from Zeeland Farms and also the welded rail train from LSRC.Over 130 cars headed west. They just started


Q32926 has Engine 4+5310, repeat power from Q328 on the 23rd. Had 69 cars by Howell at 09:00. 708 took back 57 cars from Howell yesterday including the ribbon rail empty from GLC. Second day in a row with a bunch of CFBX cars. Looked brand new, plus the built date on them was 10-18. With 130 cars, there were four others added to the consist. Q32826 went east at 05:55 with 5432+8812+391+5307 and 74 cars.

Q329-26 @ 12:12pm reported by the DD mp CH104.3 with 516 axles & 7,830 ft long. CSX engines #4 + #5310 & 126 cars.
Tom49801
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Prince Frederick, Maryland

PreviousNext

Return to Train Location Updates / Heads Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

x