Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Where be it?
Attachments
wherebeit14.JPG
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Avnx
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Avnx »

Maybee, Michigan. Raisin Street crossing on the former DT&I.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Avnx wrote:Maybee, Michigan. Raisin Street crossing on the former DT&I.
That is correct.
Webmaster

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

~Z~ wrote:
Avnx wrote:Maybee, Michigan. Raisin Street crossing on the former DT&I.
That is correct.
Indeed, Raisin Street, Maybee, Monroe County. Looking northeast across the former DT&I RR. Passenger train service on the former DT&I RR main line, was discontinued many years ago.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

ImageIMG_4230 by tcamp7837, on Flickr

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Wixom

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Michael wrote:Wixom
Indeed, that the southeast corner of Pontiac Trail and Wixom Road, Wixom. Looking south. The old team track is off the former CSXT main track (now LSRC). Final run of the old C&O Railway remaining passenger train between Bay City and Saginaw and Detroit, was made on October 29, 1950. The houses in the distance are located on Wainstock Street.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Here is a bit of track from from a main line built in the 1800's that stretched across a relatively small part of Michigan.
This portion survived until the 1970's serving 1 industry then left abandoned.
A small portion of original track (which connects to an active line) also exists on the other side of the highway and appears to still be used for storage.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is that the line north of Lenawee Jct?
Michael wrote:Here is a bit of track from from a main line built in the 1800's that stretched across a relatively small part of Michigan.
A small portion of original track (which connects to an active line) also exists on the other side of the highway and appears to still be used for storage.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:Is that the line north of Lenawee Jct?
Michael wrote:Here is a bit of track from from a main line built in the 1800's that stretched across a relatively small part of Michigan.
Hints please?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

railrod1949 wrote:
Hints please?
He only posted a couple of hours ago and gave a few hints.
Webmaster

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:
Hints please?
Southeast of Blissfield on US-223.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

railrod1949 wrote:
~Z~ wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:
Hints please?
Southeast of Blissfield on US-223.

I'd say more NW but yes you got it. This is part of what was originally the Chicago and Canada Southern Railway then later known by many other names.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_a ... rn_Railway
Last edited by Michael on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Nice guess 1949. Did you mean west of Blissfield on the old Morenci Branch near Grosvenor?
railrod1949 wrote:Southeast of Blissfield on US-223.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

You were super close AARR and my description did sound like that orphaned portion of the SMRS

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The last customer was a small fertilizer dealer. I've seen a picture of one of the last carloads delivered to it.
Michael wrote: Here is a bit of track from a main line built in the 1800's that stretched across a relatively small part of Michigan.

Southeast of Blissfield on US-223. I'd say more NW but yes you got it. This is part of what was originally the Chicago and Canada Southern Railway then later known by many other names.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:The last customer was a small fertilizer dealer. I've seen a picture of one of the last carloads delivered to it.
Michael wrote: Here is a bit of track from a main line built in the 1800's that stretched across a relatively small part of Michigan.

Southeast of Blissfield on US-223. I'd say more NW but yes you got it. This is part of what was originally the Chicago and Canada Southern Railway then later known by many other names.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:The last customer was a small fertilizer dealer. I've seen a picture of one of the last carloads delivered to it.

[/quot

The last rail customer was the MAC fertilizer on M-52 in Jasper south of Adrian at the sw end of the Morenci branch. That picture above was taken at the former rail crossing with US 223 between Adrian and Blissfield. Correct?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

railrod1949 wrote: That picture above was taken at the former rail crossing with US 223 between Adrian and Blissfield. Correct?
Yes. A little more on that line
http://www.michiganrailroads.com/statio ... osvenor-mi

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

1949, You are usually right about these things but I think the last customer was a small fertilizer dealer 1-2 miles south of Grosvenor Jct., not the MAC seed plant in Jasper. The MAC elevator in Jasper had been cut off by a rain washout. You're very good with research so maybe you can confirm which customer it was that was last.
railrod1949 wrote:The last rail customer was the MAC fertilizer on M-52 in Jasper south of Adrian at the sw end of the Morenci branch. That picture above was taken at the former rail crossing with US 223 between Adrian and Blissfield. Correct?