West Michigan / Grand Rapids abandoned places

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
kd_1014
Mike

West Michigan / Grand Rapids abandoned places

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Anyone know of any abandoned places/buildings I can take photos of? I have an art project of abandoned places and I have no idea of where to start! :lol:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: West Michigan / Grand Rapids abandoned places

Unread post by Saturnalia »

A lot of stuff has been torn down or refurbished lately...like the Pleasant Street Tower...GONE!

Perhaps a good candidate would be the old Amtrak station. Honestly I don't think anybody has been inside since 2015 when they cutover to the new station. Lots of weeds in the parking lot too since they roped it off in 2017? Used to be a great hidden parking spot, no more.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Be careful wandering around empty / abandoned buildings. Not only will you be trespassing if off the public right of way but you might stumble onto homeless people, a meth lab, drug dealer etc. which might not end well.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

You could visit the Orchards Mall in Benton Harbor. It might aw well be abandoned, as all of the anchor stores are closed, most of the stores are empty, and the food court is a row of vending machines. :lol: :lol:

I don't think they allow photography in the building, though.

The last time I visited there, I felt like I was in one of those movies where I was the last surviving person on Earth after some disaster.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1