IORY South End Part Five

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Y@
Ass. Janitor

Re: IORY South End Part Five

Unread post by Y@ »

We’ve been moving DDG loads off the ADBF to the CIND for a couple months now as well.
Bottom text.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by arty flowers »

Don are these blocks-unit fertilizer trains being exchanged with the HESR at Durand? I wonder if this is what CR Cabana was posting about on the DIANN that this was the reason the Ann Arbor was going to add more interchange tracks there with the IORY.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I believe that is correct that fertilizer trains are exchanged between GLC and HESR in Durand. GLC has picked up fertilizer trains from both CSX at AnnPere and AA at Osmer.
arty flowers wrote:Don are these blocks-unit fertilizer trains being exchanged with the HESR at Durand? I wonder if this is what CR Cabana was posting about on the DIANN that this was the reason the Ann Arbor was going to add more interchange tracks there with the IORY.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Word from a source is that IORY is building another transload in Lima along Sugar Street. Don Simon youll be happy to know that all that trackage that supplied the Ford PLANT with parts is still in intact as they all are being used as a transload. Troyer Trucking across the street from the engine terminal and this new spur also near the engine terminal deal with plastic transloading. And there is another spur to the south that also transloads stuff.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks Arty.

In its DT&I days switching the Ford plant could take up to a half a shift switching cars in and out and spotting them at the proper docks.
arty flowers wrote:Word from a source is that IORY is building another transload in Lima along Sugar Street. Don Simon youll be happy to know that all that trackage that supplied the Ford PLANT with parts is still in intact as they all are being used as a transload. Troyer Trucking across the street from the engine terminal and this new spur also near the engine terminal deal with plastic transloading. And there is another spur to the south that also transloads stuff.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

arty flowers wrote:all that trackage that supplied the Ford PLANT with parts is still in intact

True.
arty flowers wrote:as they all are being used as a transload.
False. The lead to Ford is now the "Luckey Extension" and everything beyond the first switch north of Bible is unused and out of service.
Bottom text.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks to Metal x and North Star expanding, IORY is seeing a pickup in scrap traffic and another customer was reintroduced a few weeks ago in Cincy. Moskowitz Recycling started shipping scrap on the IORY again.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by northstar16 »

Are the signals on the I&O line up from Oakley north still operational or are they dark?

jallenp7
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jallenp7 »

I believe that Oakley and Ridge are still CP, only Penn was switched to hand throw.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by northstar16 »

Thanks I was up north on the other side of Loveland and noticed that the pole signals were out but not bagged so thought either there was power issue or they were out of service.

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

jallenp7 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:20 am
I believe that Oakley and Ridge are still CP, only Penn was switched to hand throw.
They are indeed as of October 2021.
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio