All Yellow NYS&W, First time this year I've seen one

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
afleetcommand
Railroadfan...fan

All Yellow NYS&W, First time this year I've seen one

Unread post by afleetcommand »

First "All Yellow" in a while, snagged this when I actually was headed out fishing....caught a train instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tSWgDlWQDo

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: All Yellow NYS&W, First time this year I've seen one

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for posting your video. Do you know anything about NYS&W operations?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

afleetcommand
Railroadfan...fan

Re: All Yellow NYS&W, First time this year I've seen one

Unread post by afleetcommand »

Not really other than they are a class two short line from New Jersey through Binghamton to Syracuse...and have a little "spur" over by Utica. Thing their "office" is out that Utica wayin Cooperstown. An interesting place as its pretty far away from anything related! Do know they carry limestone from Jamesville - DeWitt ( the big quarry there ) and also service the "Sut Kote" company in Cortland that has an enormous asphalt operation catering to Municipalities across the state.In Cortland it looks like they have expanded operations and have a series of siding and loading facilities along with the "oil" they deliver. But that's about it. They connect with CSX in Syracuse & NS in Binghamton...playing both sides!