CN in Ferndale, Michigan

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
kd_1014
Mike

CN in Ferndale, Michigan

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Can someone provide me with info on the trains in Ferndale? May be making it that way tmw.
Last edited by kd_1014 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN in Fernville, Michigan

Unread post by NS3322 »

kd_1014 wrote:Can someone provide me with info on the trains in Fernville? May be making it that way tmw.
You mean Fennville? That is CSX territory.
Or do you mean Ferndale?

kd_1014
Mike

Re: CN in Fernville, Michigan

Unread post by kd_1014 »

NS3322 wrote:
kd_1014 wrote:Can someone provide me with info on the trains in Fernville? May be making it that way tmw.
You mean Fennville? That is CSX territory.
Or do you mean Ferndale?
Ferndale, my mistake.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: CN in Ferndale, Michigan

Unread post by AARR »

I think the CN intermodal facility is very busy. I'm not sure which trains are switching it now.

A local from Pontiac switches the chemical plant in Ferndale along with other customers north and south.

At least one through freight each way, possibly more.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: CN in Ferndale, Michigan

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Maybe this is too late, but here's what I know. Q116 (Chicago to Flat Rock, drops off intermodal in Ferndale, carries some mixed to Flat Rock), M371 (Flat Rock to ???, autoracks and mixed), M391 (Toledo to Gary, IN, mixed), L502 (Battle Creek to Toledo, mixed and autoracks), L514 (Flint to Ferndale and back, intermodal), L515 (Pontiac to Eastpointe and back, mixed), and Amtrak trains (P350, P351, P352, P353, P354, P355 - all running between Chicago and Pontiac via Kalamazoo, Jackson, Ann Arbor, Detroit). There are sometimes extras, including occasional sand trains, extra autorack trains for Flat Rock, and occasional extra intermodal trains into and out of the intermodal terminal (Moterm). There might be a local turn or two I'm forgetting.