ITCS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ITCS

Unread post by NS3322 »

GTW wrote:Amyone know if ITCS has been extended east of Kalamazoo. Someone told me new ITCS signs have been installed in Battle Creek at Gord and Barron.
I can confirm that the ITCS signs are up at Gord and Barron.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

twropr wrote:I saw a bulletin that showed the speed restriction through Albion is all 25 MPH again
been that way for quite a while.... like over a decade
twropr wrote: I would imagine that the powers to be are trying to get the signals and ITCS working more reliably before they go to the next step and increase speeds to 90 MPH.

Can't go above 79 without the FRA's blessing....who is turn says the ITCS has to work error free for a certain time period before they will bless the upgrade....which if the IT guys and the c&s guys don't start communicating with each other about what was done when there was an issue.....will be a looooooong time

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Is there any indication on a train/ date that will have the first “charger revenue run” to this point. Mainly wondering if it will lead a westbound or another will come on an eastbound. If the date doesn’t get pushed further on.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

twropr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by twropr »

A contact at MDOT told me that Chargers are supposed to start running today on Wolverines from Chicago and Friday on the Blue Water.
Let me know if this occurs.
Andy
Ypsi wrote:Is there any indication on a train/ date that will have the first “charger revenue run” to this point. Mainly wondering if it will lead a westbound or another will come on an eastbound. If the date doesn’t get pushed further on.

coasterrider
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by coasterrider »

from what I heard 350 is coming out with a charger on Wednesday . 355 will going back with two...the one that was sitting in PNT. only 350 and 355 (running push-pull) will have the charges....364 possibly thursday

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

twropr wrote:A contact at MDOT told me that Chargers are supposed to start running today on Wolverines from Chicago and Friday on the Blue Water.
Let me know if this occurs.
Andy
Ypsi wrote:Is there any indication on a train/ date that will have the first “charger revenue run” to this point. Mainly wondering if it will lead a westbound or another will come on an eastbound. If the date doesn’t get pushed further on.
Ooh that's good I'm on the Wolveriene today!
coasterrider wrote:from what I heard 350 is coming out with a charger on Wednesday . 355 will going back with two...the one that was sitting in PNT. only 350 and 355 (running push-pull) will have the charges....364 possibly thursday
Ah drats, I'm on 353. I guess there is still a chance!

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

coasterrider
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by coasterrider »

SC44 #4630 on the point for 350

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Needs a nose job. Sounded like they had ITCS issues from like 30-33.5 and then we’re able to get back to speed.
Attachments
41F45F63-0050-489E-BEC4-13EFC38F669C.jpeg

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

#355 just cleared CP-Leviit/116 (Wattles Rd in BC).

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Was the CP 18 to CP 28 area upgraded to 110mph recently? Just heard AML taking to Amtrak 353 about speeds dropping from 110 to 79 between 18.3 and 21 dot something.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

Blue Water has SC-44s tonight. Lookin’ mighty sharp if you ask me.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

CR900945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR900945 »

Amtrak's Fiscal Year 2018 Sustainability Report had this little gem buried on page 3: Amtrak put 134 miles of PTC (ITCS) in service on Michigan East on April 12, 2019. I do not recall seeing an exact date before on any of these sites. Could help explain why timekeeping has been abysmal of late.