MQT Rail Times

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
kd_1014
Mike

MQT Rail Times

Unread post by kd_1014 »

It seems that MQT Z151 usually heads north during the daytime on the weekends. Is this the same as weekdays or is it usually nocturnal during the regular business week?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: MQT Rail Times

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Educated guess is that any weekend runs are extra, seeing as how they typically have only been running weekdays lately.

So it'll be in general harder to predict.

I used to have a rule of thumb that said it was 2 hours from Turner St SB to Turner St NB. If you listen for them heading down the West Side, and then show up about 90 minutes later, you'll probably catch them in short order, unless they take a delay of some form.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

kd_1014
Mike

Re: MQT Rail Times

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Saturnalia wrote:Educated guess is that any weekend runs are extra, seeing as how they typically have only been running weekdays lately.

So it'll be in general harder to predict.

I used to have a rule of thumb that said it was 2 hours from Turner St SB to Turner St NB. If you listen for them heading down the West Side, and then show up about 90 minutes later, you'll probably catch them in short order, unless they take a delay of some form.
Sounds good. When I caught 151 last Sunday they had nearly 150-200 cars, it took about 20 minutes to clear Ann St.