Zack feed the monkeys.

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Zack feed the monkeys.

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Zack here is the rest of what I was texting.

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): User railroad_phpbb1 has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/railroad/public_html/phpbb/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/railroad/public_html/phpbb/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/railroad/public_html/phpbb/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I have firefox now and lateley it has been taking a count of 40 or more by the counter down at the bottem to long on.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Looks like the monkies restarted the SQL server that runs this site and the gallery about one minute after Matt made his post. Response times are quicker again... I've had it with this current host, blocking users, turning off my gallery, etc...

If anyone has a reputable host they can suggest, I'm more than willing to listen. I need at least 15 GB of disk space, have a 170 MB SQL database, and will use up more processing power than the average site.
Depending on the cost per month, we'll either see a donate button/yearly funding drive and/or advertisements to keep the site running.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'll donate $. Thanks for everything Zack.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Zack,

This server is a lot more reliable than the one our Cessna Pilots forum is hosted on. All of them quote women from time to time, saying "I have a headache". :lol:

Yep, I would be willing to help with funding.
Norm

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

I am willing to pony up.
give me an address or something to send the donation to.
Or we can take a collection at the Butler spring meet.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

And Durand.
Norm

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

I'm more than willing to donate as well - it's money well spent.

If it does come down to ads, unmannedspaceflight.com had some Google ads on it for a few years. They were very unobtrusive, just some little link texts at the bottom of the page - you hardly even saw them. From what I heard, they generated enough income to pay the server bill. The ads were dropped when traffic got even higher, and now there's the paypal button.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I'll add some cash too, I post enough pointless junk on the off subject board, I mine as well pay for the suffering I cause.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e