Amtrak updates January

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Amtrak updates January

Unread post by Ypsi »

Amtrak 350 had a phase III heritage baggage car as the buffer car today. Ran on time into ARB. Clear CP28 at 1:05pm
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Amtrak updates January

Unread post by Manistique »

I noticed the baggage car. For most of the fall it had instead a second snack/business section car as the "buffer."

Amtrak 351 was about an hour and a half late leaving Pontiac this morning for some reason, passing MP 22.5 just south of the depot there at 7:20 am instead of 5:56 am.

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

Axle count car.
CN requires 24 axles on the Wolverine trains.
CN requires 30 axles on the Blue Water trains. Because Amtrak has no 6 axle rolling stock in passenger use, it really is 32 axles.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Amtrak 353 was running with a P42 on each end 7 cars in between. Ran restricted speed CP28 to signal 30. Looking like 350 is holding at Miller to meet the late 353.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

I caught Amtrak train #353 today in Albion (an hour late). It looks like someone decided to "tag" or graffiti the side of Amtrak horizon car #54512. I wonder if this happened in Pontiac?

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

352 has a service disruption. It is scheduled on time into NBU, but there's nothing after that. Anybody know what's up?
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

350 has had a former express baggage car in phase IV the last two days. Hopefully it is back to stay as a buffer car.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MDOT reporting delays to #351 and #365 as a result of a train/truck collision in/near Three Oaks.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Today Amtrak 353 had the baggage car, on the rear end. Maybe its consist got mixed up with 350/355's over the weekend?

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

And today, as you probably know from some of the other forums here, 350/355 was canceled and reportedly is canceled the rest of the month. I guess due to weather.

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

All long and short distance trains in and out of CUS have been cancelled per an Amtrak press release.

https://fox17online.com/2019/01/29/amtr ... f-chicago/
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak 353, which left on-time from Pontiac a few minutes ago, again has two back to back locomotives and this time the baggage car is at the head end. Nice looking traditional train.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak Train 354 just arrived at Pontiac around 8 am. The Amtrak train status site says it was 7 hours late. Wonder why?

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

354 was 4 hours, 51 minutes late out of Chicago, and 6 hours, 35 minutes behind into K-zoo....

Winters cold.....

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Loco issues....

the "Run them til they die and then fix them" mentality is starting to catch up with the amscam mechanical dept in the central div. center of the universe....

sandhouse talk was that the Illinoise X-ITCS units were supposed to start showing up over here on the only active Midwest higher speed corridor at some point....more cannon fodder for semi-trucks on the grade crossings :!: :!: ...

don't care how many drip-droolers say "If only the Chargers were here"...if those units can't handle hitting a tree branch at CSX speed, what do you think will happen when something gets whacked at ITCS speed??....Personally, as a Michigan Tax Payer, thinking that we are getting screwed (again :? ) over MDOT's decision to purchase those things (really getting our monies worth, using one unit a day on the GRR train)....

While the Omeprazole helps with the stomach acid, thinkin' it's too late for Rogaine for me.....Oct. 1, 2027 can't get here soon enough....

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Train 350 was three and a half hours late arriving in Pontiac tonight. Arrived after 355 was due to depart with the same trainset and power.

Amtrak 355 SB past MP 22.5 at 7:35 pm, about an hour and a half late departing Pontiac.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

350 by Pine Jct. #28 and 5 Cars.