Question about the Lincoln Secondary

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Question about the Lincoln Secondary

Unread post by Eric Berger »

Yesterday (2 January 2019,) I saw the Glass Man headed south past Inkster Road at about 1415 EST. I noted quite a few covered hoppers. In addition, I also saw a few center beam lumber cars mixed in.

A couple of weeks ago, I'd seen him pass by and I saw a center beam car that time too; I didn't post anything about it at the time because I thought I was seeing things, or perhaps that it was a Railbox that I'd mistaken, as I was on the job and was preoccupied with that...and I was also about half a mile away when he'd passed by.

So, my question is --- who along the Secondary would be getting center beam lumber cars? I'm not aware of any businesses along there that would get those.

Thanks!
"From a really tall tower, in the middle of a really big field..."

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Question about the Lincoln Secondary

Unread post by arty flowers »

Could be a warehouse further up the secondary that gets traffic.

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

Car goes to Guardian Glass where it is loaded with huge plates of glass that is sent else where to be cut. Movement started a couple of months ago

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Wow, glass transported on an open car as opposed to a box car. I'm sure it makes sense but I'm still a little surprised.
Fred wrote:Car goes to Guardian Glass where it is loaded with huge plates of glass that is sent else where to be cut. Movement started a couple of months ago
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...