ns heritage units: who has seen them and who hasn't

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: ns heritage units: who has seen them and who hasn't

Unread post by Jochs »

I thought I'd lost my iron horse whispering skills, but apparently I still have them. :lol:
Early this morning, in Elkhart, IN, I heard a train coming, and decided to record the engines going by (the lights installed at the depot platform about a year ago really help with night videos.) I caught the NS Heritage Unit, my 19th HU I've seen (one more to go! :) ) on a westbound.
The video is shaky, because I wasn't using a tripod.

I hoped they would stop at the fuel pad, but they just kept on going (I still need to work on some of my iron horse whispering skills. :lol: ) I paced it down old-US 33 until I got to Ash St, where the speed limit drops to 35 mph at the county line into Osceola, and the traffic light was set to a four-way stop, so I turned around and went back to Elkhart.
Here's the video I took, you can't see much, but you can hear the engines working.

Now I need to see the Illinois Terminal one and I'll have seen all 20!
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: ns heritage units: who has seen them and who hasn't

Unread post by Jochs »

I finally saw the Illinois Terminal Unit today! I've now seen all 20 NS Heritage Units.:D
It was leading a train in Marion, OH. It took me about six and a half years between the time I saw the first one and today.
ilterm.jpg
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1