PH&D Group to get CSX Roundhouse

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

PH&D Group to get CSX Roundhouse

Unread post by Super Chief »

Detroit Free Press reports CSX and the PH&D historical group have an agreement for the roundhouse in Port Huron. Also reports that a larger project the group is pursuing is in the works also. Good for them.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: PH&D Group to get CSX Roundhouse

Unread post by AARR »

I’ve been on road rallies with a few of their members. I’m happy to see them expanding.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

From the photos posted online, only the westernmost 3 stalls will survive the demolition. The other part of the roundhouse looked to be in a condition that was economically beyond saving.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

I hope they didn't pick up the story from the Times Herald. In typical TH fashion they told the story they wanted to tell, not the entire story. The facts aren't quite what they reported. But...I also can't see the Free Press picking up something that was published by Trains, so I'm guessing they also published the inaccurate version of what's really going on.

To avoid being too vague, the Trains story can be found here: http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2018/12/18-csx-readies-michigan-roundhouse-for-donation. Trains got the story mostly correct.
~ Charles W.