New Hardee's in Michigan

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

New Hardee's in Michigan

Unread post by ~Z~ »

A rarity for Michiganders, there's a new Hardee's opening in Holland. On the drive in to work, I saw the Love's truck stop being worked on, and noticed a sign on the restaurant showing Hardee's. Om nom nom, Monster Thick Burgers will be consumed.
https://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/20 ... nstruction
Appears it was announced earlier this year, just hadn't read about it till now.
Browsing google maps, I thought there were only two open in the lower peninsula, Niles and Owosso, but appears there's one in Marshall, and a few in Detroit, along with 5 in the UP.
I know of a Trussell that will love this news.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New Hardee's in Michigan

Unread post by Fred »

There is one in Woodhaven (near Trenton) exit 32B off I-75

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Years ago I was driving through Kentucky in the boondocks listening to the radio (probably a small country station) and they were advertising Hardee's as a "Fine Sit-down Restaurant" :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Hardee's and Burger Chef were my 2 favorite places as a kid which according to Wikipedia were both owned by the same parent company.

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Man o' War »

Michael wrote:Hardee's and Burger Chef were my 2 favorite places as a kid which according to Wikipedia were both owned by the same parent company.
For me, it was Hardees and a certain Jack in the Box that I frequented when I lived in Pacific Beach, CA. Without a little self control, I could easily have gained 200 - 300 lbs between those two fine establishments. Chain afficionados may remember the all out war between Hardees and JitB over who had the best quality of beef. Now, I'm hungry...

Man o' War

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

They should consider using their vacant building on Pipestone Rd near I-94 in Benton Harbor. We could use a Hardees again (there used to be 2 in BH, and 1 in St. Joe.)
Or at least put a Chick-fil-A there.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

Hardies are all over the up of Michigan
member of the
Soo Line historical society
DSS&A historical society
http://www.youtube.com/user/tricityrailfan

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

I LOVED Burger Chef's ALL you could eat salad bars ! I think that I may have financially ruined them :shock: . Poor Jeff :(

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

M.D.Bentley wrote:I LOVED Burger Chef's ALL you could eat salad bars ! I think that I may have financially ruined them :shock: . Poor Jeff :(
We regularly hit up the Burger Chef at the bottom of the hill on M-66 in Ionia. Loved going there as a youth. Literally the first franchise restaurant I remember eating at.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

~Z~ wrote:A rarity for Michiganders, there's a new Hardee's opening in Holland. On the drive in to work, I saw the Love's truck stop being worked on...
Is that Love's going in just off the Adams/16th St. exit? I haven't been by there in a while, but I seem to remember a new gas station of some sort going in.

There's also another gas station going in on M-40 just south of 196. As if the Pilot and the Tulip City Truck stop weren't enough in that area to cause a clusterF. Plus there is a BP on the other side of the highway. Are 4 gas stations really necessary at one exit?? Sheesh.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Yes, going in at Adams and i196 intersection, southeast corner.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Not in Michigan, but there is also a relatively new Love's/Hardees just off US 20 in Elkhart, IN where the Dean Mock Expressway ends, at the County Road 17 exit.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Loves is building a new location in Bridgeport off I-75 that will have a Hardees.

There is also a new truck stop with a Hardees in Rochelle, Illinois.