CP Holiday Train: Lights Out?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GTW6401
how bout no

Re: CP Holiday Train: Lights Out?

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The holiday train was featured on WXYZ-TVs website and Facebook page. They did mention the lights might be off.

Guess we'll have to see how this goes. Its a bunch of old women complaining on Facebook. The railroad owns them nothing, and maybe if would have behaved themselves last year this wouldn't be necessary.

detroitbench
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by detroitbench »

Posted behind the Depot, anyone else tracking this year?

DBFanatic
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DBFanatic »

For anyone at the depot, please post whether they are running with the lights on and when they come through. I will share the same info when they come through Melvindale.

- Carsten

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Lights on. How about that.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

The misinformation worked :lol: :lol: :lol: The railroad got what they wanted/hoped for. Smaller crowds or no crowds at all. AH, the power of the internet :D :D. Less overtime ,less delays etc.......

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

M.D.Bentley wrote:The misinformation worked :lol: :lol: :lol: The railroad got what they wanted/hoped for. Smaller crowds or no crowds at all. AH, the power of the internet :D :D. Less overtime ,less delays etc.......
Even with the coverage on the news earlier in the day?
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

We had at least a dozen in downtown Elkhart until the train passed at 4am. Plus others along the line between Butler and Chicago reporting in.

Some people (in addition to the dozen) left around 3am but I assume they simply went to Goshen to catch the train on the way in to town.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

J T wrote:
M.D.Bentley wrote:The misinformation worked :lol: :lol: :lol: The railroad got what they wanted/hoped for. Smaller crowds or no crowds at all. AH, the power of the internet :D :D. Less overtime ,less delays etc.......
Even with the coverage on the news earlier in the day?
YUP. People were not going to hang out in the dark just to see another train. The threat of NO LIGHTS worked .

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

But will it work again next year? :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

M.D.Bentley wrote:YUP. People were not going to hang out in the dark just to see another train. The threat of NO LIGHTS worked .
Ahh. I thought that "threat" was only broadcast across the foamer community. I didn't know the general public had been made aware of that possibility.