Track That Runs Parallel to I-280 in Toledo

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
jimnorthwood
Railroadfan...fan

Track That Runs Parallel to I-280 in Toledo

Unread post by jimnorthwood »

Last evening there was a Loram rail grinder train parked on the spur track that runs parallel to and on the east side of Interstate 280 near the Toledo-Oregon border. The tank farm on the Maumee River where this track ends doesn't appear to have gotten cars in a long time, so CSX will once in a while use the track for staging its own MOW equipment, for car storage or as was the case yesterday, the Loram train. It is interesting to take note of what occasionally turn up on this track, which itself is hard to see from the highway unless you are driving a higher profile vehicle.

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Track That Runs Parallel to I-280 in Toledo

Unread post by ssnk79 »

That area was the old Hocking Valley Docks. Towards the end it was called, and still is, Delta Fuels lead
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

It does appear the tracks are in all the way to the fuel place, but from the Google Maps image it appears that the facility does not have cars that are regularly stored at this location. Do they receive a limited number of cars per year or are they just in and out with what they do receive quickly when cars do arrive?

redcrumbox
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by redcrumbox »

Missing frog.
chapmaja wrote:It does appear the tracks are in all the way to the fuel place, but from the Google Maps image it appears that the facility does not have cars that are regularly stored at this location. Do they receive a limited number of cars per year or are they just in and out with what they do receive quickly when cars do arrive?
Attachments
frog missing.JPG

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ssnk79 »

chapmaja wrote:It does appear the tracks are in all the way to the fuel place, but from the Google Maps image it appears that the facility does not have cars that are regularly stored at this location. Do they receive a limited number of cars per year or are they just in and out with what they do receive quickly when cars do arrive?

As far as I know, Delta fuels are not around anymore. If they are, they haven't received any cars in over 5 years. That lead is basically OOS unless they use it it for storage cars or if MoW needs it put their equipment/cars on it
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

sp4380
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by sp4380 »

If you look close; just south of the NS bridge; there is an old school Tell-tail. The ropes are long gone, but the pole is still there! You can see it clearly on Bing Maps Street side view.