Obituaries for October 2018

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
C&O6084
Railroadfan...fan

Obituaries for October 2018

Unread post by C&O6084 »

Don't want to step on HoboRich's toes, since this thread is HIS property, but I have an October Obit to report. . .

PORTLAND, Ore. — Will Vinton, the creator of some of the most beloved Claymation characters of the 1980s, like the California Raisins and the Domino’s Pizza Noid, has died.

He was 70 years old.

C&O6084
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Obituaries for October 2018

Unread post by C&O6084 »

OK with me for Admin to change thread to HoboRich's credit. After all, it's his thread.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

I always thought the obits were more Jochs thing but other people post too.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

R.I.P. Juan Romero (68,) the busboy who cradled dying RFK on June 5, 1968.
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/04/65428242 ... ent=202804
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Not my thread. Just contribute now and then. I have no mortuary experience.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

R.I.P. renowned rail photographer, John Gruber. (82)
http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/20 ... ies-at-age
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Trainman2223
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Trainman2223 »

All That Remains Guitarist Oli Herbert Dead at 44

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/al ... ar-BBOvRzc

"Oli Herbert, guitarist and co-founder of Massachusetts metal band All That Remains, has died at age 44.

His bandmates confirmed his death on social media, writing, “Oli was an incredibly talented guitarist and songwriter who defined rock and metal from the Northeast. His impact on the genres and our lives will continue indefinitely.” A cause of death is currently unknown."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/no ... li=BBnb7Kz

R.I.P : Trooper Kevin Conner,

Trooper Conner was an 11-year veteran, assigned to Troop B. District 5 in Columbus County, North Carolina

In 2011, he was hailed a hero when he extinguished a car fire while also tending to a driver involved in a head-on collision.

"North Carolina trooper killed during traffic stop,

It was a violent few hours for officers in two states as one in North Carolina was killed during a traffic stop and another in Tennessee was badly wounded while searching for a suspect at an apartment complex.

Trooper Kevin Conner was fatally shot around 12:15 a.m. ET Wednesday in Columbus County when he stopped a pickup truck for speeding, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.

Conner was approaching the vehicle, which had pulled over on the shoulder of the road, when the driver opened fire, striking the trooper.

Conner was rushed to the hospital, where he later died.

Baker said the suspect drove away after shooting Conner which led to a brief chase with local police. The pickup became disabled at a railroad crossing and the driver fled on foot.

After an extensive search, authorities located the suspect in a wooded area in Fair Bluff and took him into custody around 4 a.m. ET. Charges are pending, Baker said."
Semper Fi

“I bought a perfect second car... a tow truck.”
Rodney Dangerfield

Trainman2223
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Trainman2223 »

Former pro wrestler 'Dirty' Dick Slater dead at 67 .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/forme ... li=BBnb7Kz

"Former pro wrestling star “Dirty” Dick Slater — a prolific performer during the 1970s and 80s — has died at the age of 67.

The wrestler, born Richard Van Slater, competed across the mid-Atlantic and south before gaining a wider audience with WWE and WCW in the 1980s and early 1990s. He also wrestled in Japan.

“Slater was a prolific competitor during the 1970s and 1980s in Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid-South Wrestling and Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, where he teamed with WWE Hall of Famer Bob Orton and had a memorable rivalry with WWE Hall of Famer Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts,” WWE wrote in a statement.

Details of the Florida native’s death have not been released.

The National Wrestling Alliance called Slater “as tough as they come.” "
Semper Fi

“I bought a perfect second car... a tow truck.”
Rodney Dangerfield