CP to Bluegrass Farms

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CP to Bluegrass Farms

Unread post by scraphauler »

937trainfan - are you involved with Thd CP/IORY/Bluegrass project in a formal way, particularly marketing or management?

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

After studying the matter further, does anyone really think this is going to be successful? I see nothing as of right now that indicates that this is going to come to real fruition. I hope I’m wrong.
Brett

kwh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by kwh »

No. Not with the current economic tariff issues going on. once that clears up maybe

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

It helps if you know what products Bluegrass Farms processes and who they sell to. The non GMO soybeans are sold to South Korea just as they have for years now. Mitusui bought a 50% stake in BGF to expand their market to Japan and other Asian markets with the demand for non GMO soybeans and corn. China isn’t any part of their market nor the market for stuff that’s going to be coming from Asian markets. So kinda of hard to make a blanket statement about the future when you don’t know what’s the plan in the first place

kwh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by kwh »

My mistake I blanketed Asia to include China I stand corrected.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

China will need to buy US soybeans. Even with the tariff China has imposed on US soybeans.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

You also have to look at the change in how some of the regional grain coops are selling grain to foreign buyers directly. Heritage Co-op and Premier are both loading hundreds of 40 ft containers with corn like they used to load boxcars before the use of covered hoppers. Throw on top the distiller grain out of the largest ethanol plant in Ohio and you’re looking at potentially a couple thousand outbound agricultural container loads on top the BGF non gmo stuff. The real change to the shortline and regional world is developing traffic like this.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Hi midland or W@. Can you update us about this operation? I noticed on a satellite view there's a lot of covered hoppers and a few containers. Are they loading beans, corn? Are the product shipped in by rail then reloaded into containers? Thanks as always.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Valero leases space at BGF to store empty ddg hoppers and tanks for Bloomingburg. Valero also pays BGF to clean the ddg hoppers out after so many loads.

BGF still processing soybeans. I don't know how much is currently going out by rail directly there, but the inbound containers are still coming in by rail. Between last Saturday and Wednesday they had at least 12 cars come in- some a few double and the rest single. The two large silos by the tracks are actually for non GMO corn. I presume the corn ends up bagged and loaded into containers. Soybeans and corn are trucked in.

Inbound containers are all sorts of imported stuff that's trucked to Columbus and Cincinnati area. Menards New distribution center is just south of there in the other side of the tracks alongside SR 41. It begins at the next grade crossing (Creamer Rd) and will stretch to the next road Parrett Station. The farm house and barn were torn down, the homes up at the next road are where Menards will end.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you midland
midland sub wrote:Valero leases space at BGF to store empty ddg hoppers and tanks for Bloomingburg. Valero also pays BGF to clean the ddg hoppers out after so many loads.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...