GLC Updates April 2018

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: GLC Updates April 2018

Unread post by AARR »

I believe 388 was scrapped.
MiRailProductions wrote:389 got scrapped though, didn't it? Also, I would like any additional updates along the way if possible, I want to catch it!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

MiRailProductions wrote:
AARR wrote:Tim posted at RailroadFan.com that one of the SD40-2s (382) will go out on the Osmer Turn tonight paired with 389
389 got scrapped though, didn't it? Also, I would like any additional updates along the way if possible, I want to catch it!
GLC arrived at Ann Pere at 20:45 to set off and pick up. It does sound like they are saying "382" as they switch. Had plans to go see it when they came through town but my priorities over ruled it. CSX train Q385 was coming at the same time and could not see both so had to let it go. It did not sound like a normal GLC horn so assume it still has the horn from CITX 3089. They are still at Ann Pere at 21:15, and while I could drive to Beck Road south of Howell to see, I'll pass for another day in hopes someone will photo it before I do.

And to AARR, 389 was reported as being scrapped within the last ten days.

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

There are pics and video on FB of the SD40 382 leading the SBD train out of Owosso last night.
I'll be curious to see if it runs ONTN this week, or even goes to Cadillac. I guess that depends on its first performance.
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Power swap for Cadillac yesterday. 390 and 397 are now in town. Currently working North Yard.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Northbound out of Cadillac at 0910.

Last edited by AANscaleRunner on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Todd_F wrote:There are pics and video on FB of the SD40 382 leading the SBD train out of Owosso last night.
I'll be curious to see if it runs ONTN this week, or even goes to Cadillac. I guess that depends on its first performance.
Where on FB?
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

TC Man wrote:
Todd_F wrote:There are pics and video on FB of the SD40 382 leading the SBD train out of Owosso last night.
Where on FB?
How about a video of the Gray Ghost by Tom Mize?

https://youtu.be/yZnP0FPztlQ

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

DaveO wrote:
TC Man wrote:
Where on FB?
How about a video of the Gray Ghost by Tom Mize?

https://youtu.be/yZnP0FPztlQ
Perfect, thanks!

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

TC Man wrote:
Where on FB?
The places on FB I've found to have the most relevant GLC info are Ann Arbor Railroad and Successors, and Great Lakes Central Railfans. Hope that helps.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It was 399 and not 389, you guys be right 8)
BL2-1843 wrote:
MiRailProductions wrote:
AARR wrote:Tim posted at RailroadFan.com that one of the SD40-2s (382) will go out on the Osmer Turn tonight paired with 389
389 got scrapped though, didn't it? Also, I would like any additional updates along the way if possible, I want to catch it!
GLC arrived at Ann Pere at 20:45 to set off and pick up. It does sound like they are saying "382" as they switch. Had plans to go see it when they came through town but my priorities over ruled it. CSX train Q385 was coming at the same time and could not see both so had to let it go. It did not sound like a normal GLC horn so assume it still has the horn from CITX 3089. They are still at Ann Pere at 21:15, and while I could drive to Beck Road south of Howell to see, I'll pass for another day in hopes someone will photo it before I do.

And to AARR, 389 was reported as being scrapped within the last ten days.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Todd_F wrote:
TC Man wrote:
Where on FB?
The places on FB I've found to have the most relevant GLC info are Ann Arbor Railroad and Successors, and Great Lakes Central Railfans. Hope that helps.
Thanks! I was reading it as you found thinks on the 382 on a specific FB page. And it turns out I can't view much as I don't have a FB account. The YouTube video Dave O posted a link to is worth checking out though.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

GLC just left Traverse City about 5:50pm.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Cars for both Traverse City and Kalkaska. The one covered hopper will probably go to either Mancelona or Petoskey.
AANscaleRunner wrote:Northbound out of Cadillac at 0910.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

TC Man wrote:GLC just left Traverse City about 5:50pm.
I saw the loaded centerbeam in AANscaleRunner's recent video headed North. But as of 1330 no trains on the East side of TC. When did they come and did they also go to Beacon?

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Pixl wrote:
TC Man wrote:GLC just left Traverse City about 5:50pm.
I saw the loaded centerbeam in AANscaleRunner's recent video headed North. But as of 1330 no trains on the East side of TC. When did they come and did they also go to Beacon?
I only know that they did leave TC depot area about 5:50pm, and they were coming off the Williamsburg branch....

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

390 and 397 leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1115 with 6 wood chip hoppers, 1 covered hopper, 9 tanks, 1 covered hopper and 4 tanks.

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

Great Lakes Central rolling south through Mount Pleasant at 15:00.

Audible confirmation only, no visual.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Returned to Cadillac at 1625. It was a nice day for a sunny video and was glad I waited because...

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

Nice video of the new GLC SD40 382. CSX sat off 68 cars for GLC in the Howell pass at 16:30 Thursday afternoon when they get here for it. 31 tanks including the white fertilizer tanks, 23 scrap tie loads, 6 Coke Loads, 6 grain/plastics cars, 1 lumber load and 1 box car.

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

Nice score on 382, Mark!!
I'm definitely coming up to shoot that tomorrow. Does the freight they took to North Yard go to Kalkaska? Just trying to gauge my trip.

GLC 390 just got clearance across CN in Durand at 8:06 PM. No doubt running down to interchange Anne Pere.