ho scale signal operation

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

ho scale signal operation

Unread post by KVERBERK »

This layout has been dismantled but I just wanted to share a quick video of the signals I was working on.

The signals are Tomar with LED's from Century Foundry. These are a Tri-color LED with much more realistic color than the Tomar Bi-color.

I am using a Logic rail block animator. Watch as the train comes into view in the background and enters the block. The signal drops to red to show the block occupied. Then changing to view the other signal in which the block has just been cleared showing yellow. After a delay the signal shows green. When the train passes that signal it drops to red. Kind of a neat system for basic signal operation.

https://youtu.be/8OxqhKCNWxc

If your interested in this 4x8 before it was torn down here is the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26335
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ho scale signal operation

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

How hard was it to install the signal system. Did you go photo or IR
the video just looks great, cant beat signals..
best of luck on your next layout
dave j

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

I went with the IR sensors. they worked pretty well. There is a screw adjustment for sensitivity. It took a little fiddling to get that right. The hardest part of the installation was figuring out how to route all the wires into the board. If I can find a picture of the board mounted up I'll post it. Over all it wasn't too bad.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Here is a picture of the block animator wired up. There is probably a better way to do it,but this is the best I could come up with for a first try. It functioned just fine.

Up North TSBY/GLC Fan