Great Lakes Central Updates December 2017

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Great Lakes Central Updates December 2017

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:Heard horns from the engine house on my walk into work this morning at 0620. Didn't hear or see them yesterday.

North end working on a Saturday? Neck maybe a TC run? Thete are 2 empties in Williamsburg. Maybe they had loads brought up to Cadillac yesterday?
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

TCBrent
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TCBrent »

Seems like the plow may need to make an appearance? 2 feet of snow in places around TC in the past couple days.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

TCBrent wrote:Seems like the plow may need to make an appearance? 2 feet of snow in places around TC in the past couple days.
Does great lakes still maintain the 2 plows in working order in Cadillac? I remember seeing them as far south as Clare when I was in high school. They put it on the tail end of the nb train to tow it back. I never did get to see it in use down there but I'm sure it's happened back in the day.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

KC8RBK wrote:
TCBrent wrote:Seems like the plow may need to make an appearance? 2 feet of snow in places around TC in the past couple days.
Does great lakes still maintain the 2 plows in working order in Cadillac? I remember seeing them as far south as Clare when I was in high school. They put it on the tail end of the nb train to tow it back. I never did get to see it in use down there but I'm sure it's happened back in the day.
They only own one plow (the big orange former AA plow), and they also use ballast regulator to plow snow (that was in TC last winter and up to Petoskey. It derailed in downtown Fife Lake last winter as it made the news.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Driving around this morning, snow plow hasn't been moved. That was my guess also when I heard them yesterday. Looked like some lp tanks have been moved around in the north yard. Just surprising to have heard them so early in the morning and on a Saturday. I didn't get out of the office until 0915 yesterday and didn't hear anything else all day.