CP Holiday Train Friday Ferry Move info?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

CP Holiday Train Friday Ferry Move info?

Unread post by strugglin »

Checking the US CP Holiday Train Schedule, it appears it will be making a ferry move through Northern Indiana on Friday via Butler, the train is scheduled to be in Windsor, Ontario on Thursday night, then in Gurnee, Illinois on Saturday. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the move from past years? I have yet to see the train in person and am thinking of driving up from Ohio, but if its just a ferry move and there are no scheduled stops, will they have the lights on regardless? Thanks!

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CP Holiday Train Friday Ferry Move info?

Unread post by rob46580 »

Lights on, Butler likely 12am to 2am time frame, be there by 11 and you wont miss it !

Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

There are a couple of threads in the "Michigan talk" section that will probably have up to date info on Thursday night.

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

I heard a horn show in Elkhart around 2am this morning and wonder if it was this train rolling through. The tone of the horn was a different from most trains and the crew seemed to like to make a lot of noise (not just the usual crossing sounds). I believe they threw in a "shave an a haircut".

Dajudge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Dajudge »

It passed thru Elkhart around 2:30 ish. Then got hung up by a long container freight with a crew change at 426 and finally passed us on US933 by the yards (424) at 3:15 AM. But it was worth the wait.