Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Saturnalia wrote:
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
AARR wrote:If you have an Username of Saturnalia then use a picture of the planet, Saturn.
I thought he drove a Saturn to a meet. That one time.
Uhh, no?

Fail of a thread bump here.
Not a thread bump. Just trying to point out there's more than one Saturn that would be appropriate under AARR's "guidelines". Honestly, I thought your ride had something to do with the new Honestly, and made more sense than a supposed fascination with the planet.
~ Charles W.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

You don't get it do you? :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Excellent creative thinking, GLR!
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Just trying to point out there's more than one Saturn that would be appropriate under AARR's "guidelines". Honestly, I thought your ride had something to do with the new Honestly, and made more sense than a supposed fascination with the planet.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote: and made more sense than a supposed fascination with the planet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
The holiday worshiping the mythological deity that is a predecessor to the current mythological christian deity's celebrated bday.
MQT3001's real name has something to do with the current flavor of the week deity's birthday... Angry Man helped MQT3001 pick this name.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Of course the major difference is that Christianity is based on a real historical figure, Jesus the Christ to us Christians. He was written about by Jewish historians like Josephus and Roman historians as well, all of whom were hostile to Christians. There is substantially less written about many if not most historical figures from that time and even more recently that we all take for granted.
The Catholic Church fully acknowledges that they do not know the exact day Jesus was born and so they chose what they thought was the Winter Solstice (shortest day of the year) for the specific reason that Jesus IS the light of the world, not as some say, to co-opt a pagan holiday. He came on the darkest hour to bring light to the world.
The question is really, is Jesus God which brings us to the Lord, Liar, Lunatic question. There is NO question he was killed because he claimed to be God.

Now that being said, can you change my username to a smiley face and in parenthesis "the geek formally known as Michael" Thanks Zack :)

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

~Z~ wrote:... Angry Man helped MQT3001 pick this name.
I seem to recall having heard that. It's not a bad name, just different.
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Any chance I could get something to replace my infamous MQT1223 title?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT1223 wrote:Any chance I could get something to replace my infamous MQT1223 title?
If you'd like a new avatar, feel free to change it..
If you'd like a new username, I can change it to MQT1223 as it sounds like that is what you are asking. If you'd like something else, I'd suggest you make it to one of our meets, like MQT3001 did last year.
Webmaster

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

~Z~ wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Any chance I could get something to replace my infamous MQT1223 title?
If you'd like a new avatar, feel free to change it..
If you'd like a new username, I can change it to MQT1223 as it sounds like that is what you are asking. If you'd like something else, I'd suggest you make it to one of our meets, like MQT3001 did last year.
Why must a meet I am unable to attend be my only option? Seems unfair doesn't it?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT1223 wrote:Why must a meet I am unable to attend be my only option? Seems unfair doesn't it?
Ah, so you aren't asking to change your avatar, and want your username changed instead. Why should one of the Marquette Brothers be required to go to a meet to get a name change, and the other one isn't required? That doesn't sound fair to me. I stick by the requirements originally stated.
Webmaster

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

~Z~ wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Why must a meet I am unable to attend be my only option? Seems unfair doesn't it?
Ah, so you aren't asking to change your avatar, and want your username changed instead. Why should one of the Marquette Brothers be required to go to a meet to get a name change, and the other one isn't required? That doesn't sound fair to me. I stick by the requirements originally stated.
Because my dad is a control freak and my family doesn't side with me on anything regarding his control.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

SD80MAC wrote:I will continue to have the username SD80MAC with an Amtrak Dash 8 as my avatar just to spite AARR.
I see somebody finally saw AARR's "light" :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It's time to remind everyone to use a avatar that matches your Username. So my Username is AARR and my Avatar is an AA FA2.

Your cooperation is appreciated. :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

I have friends in MOW and know some signal maintainers. Should my avatar be a spike or a target signal?
Norm

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Norm wrote:I have friends in MOW and know some signal maintainers. Should my avatar be a spike or a target signal?
:lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The first day of the year is a good time for a friendly reminder to get your Username and Avatar matched. For those of you who are new it is requested you have an Avatar that matches your Username. For example my Username is AARR and I have an AA engine (FA2).

If your not sure what to select I'll be happy to assist you. Except ~Z~, I won't help ~Z~. He can sabotage me in ways that are very painful :twisted: :lol: .

Everyone's compliance is appreciated. :mrgreen:

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

AARR wrote:The first day of the year is a good time for a friendly reminder to get your Username and Avatar matched. For those of you who are new it is requested you have an Avatar that matches your Username.

You're not my real dad
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Your Avatar scares me :shock:
Schteinkuh wrote:
AARR wrote:The first day of the year is a good time for a friendly reminder to get your Username and Avatar matched. For those of you who are new it is requested you have an Avatar that matches your Username.

You're not my real dad

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

AARR wrote:Your Avatar scares me :shock:
Schteinkuh wrote:

You're not my real dad

Ditto! :shock:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I want my Username back to MQT1223 and my rank to be my current username as originally requested but apparently misunderstood.