Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by Michael »

railrod1949 wrote:On the Grand Elk RR, the JAIL (Jackson and Lansing RR) or on the Michigan Southern RR (the latter railroad in SW Michigan) or hint please.

None of those. What's left?

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Michael wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:On the Grand Elk RR, the JAIL (Jackson and Lansing RR) or on the Michigan Southern RR (the latter railroad in SW Michigan) or hint please.

It is somewhere on the E&LS between Iron Mountain and Republic and between Channing and Mass City all in the da UP? Also the Marquette RR in west Michigan (lower peninsula)? If none of these here., hint please.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

railrod1949 wrote:
Michael wrote:

It is somewhere on the E&LS between Iron Mountain and Republic and between Channing and Mass City all in the da UP? Also the Marquette RR in west Michigan (lower peninsula)? If none of these here., hint please.

Not in the UP

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

How about somewhere on the Marquette RR in west Michigan!! What time of business in that white building at the right.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

That's a fertilizer dealer
railrod1949 wrote:How about somewhere on the Marquette RR in west Michigan!! What time of business in that white building at the right.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

railrod1949 wrote:How about somewhere on the Marquette RR in west Michigan!! What time of business in that white building at the right.
Looks like it's on the Muskegon Shore, possibly up toward Fremont.
~ Charles W.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

It is not on either one of those railroads. Not even on the west side of the state.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael, what railroad is it on? We've obviously missed one so please let us know.
Michael wrote:Here is another one:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Well I kept Rodney busy for a while but it won't take him long to find it once I mention it is on the Indiana & Ohio :D
AARR wrote:Michael, what railroad is it on? We've obviously missed one so please let us know.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks, I thought IORY might be only railroad left but wasn't sure because of the shotgun guesses by 1949. It's just above the OH border on Yankee Rd.
Michael wrote:Well I kept Rodney busy for a while but it won't take him long to find it once I mention it is on the Indiana & Ohio :D
AARR wrote:Michael, what railroad is it on? We've obviously missed one so please let us know.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Well done AARR! That was an obscure one indeed.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I like your pictures and this one was especially good :D
Michael wrote:Well done AARR! That was an obscure one indeed.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:I like your pictures and this one was especially good :D
Michael wrote:Well done AARR! That was an obscure one indeed.
Yeah, I forgot one more shortline railroad. Anyway, here's the rest of the story That's the Indiana & Ohio Railway, former DT&I, former GTW. That railroad interchange with the CN Flat Rock Sub at Diann, southeast of Dundee. The shot above is looking southwest toward the Ohio border. That former fertilizer dealer on the right in the photo above was located at 13020 Crockett Highway, Blissfield, MI 49228. It's on the east side of Crockett Highway, just south of E. Yankee Road in the Blissfield Community Schools, Ogden Township, Lenawee County. It's about 20 miles south of Blissfield.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

A step back in time to I think 1913. The track is there today and in daily use. The bridges have been replace with culverts. The depot is gone. The building who's roof this was shot from is still there.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is this the GTW in Grand Rapids? I don't know the names of the streets. I think the line going up the picture was to GR Press.
PatAzo wrote:A step back in time to I think 1913. The track is there today and in daily use. The bridges have been replace with culverts. The depot is gone. The building who's roof this was shot from is still there.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AARR wrote: I think the line going up the picture was to GR Press.
The line going up the picture looks like a road rather than a RR. But I'll follow your lead and look around GR.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

The deck bridge in the foreground carried the railroad. The truss bridge carried a road which today is a state highway. It's not the GTW in Grand Rapids. But it's the right side of the state.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Not Millington, wrong side of the state. If you're scouring satellite images the creek the bridges cross is there but shrouded in trees.

I suspect the Grand Rapids posse have all past this spot.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Is it the Adrian & Blissfield, in Blissfield?

EDIT: whoops. Guess I should have read PatAzo's responses a little closer before posting. :oops:
~ Charles W.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Saturnalia where are you? You've been at this spot shooting video.