CN Flint Sub ATCS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

CN Flint Sub ATCS

Unread postby NSSD70ACe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am

I've noticed that while I am monitoring the CN Flint Sub on ATCS Monitor, I am not able to read anything between Potterville and Battle Creek. As a test, I am using TransitDocs to monitor the westbound Blue Water. They are a few minutes away from Battle Creek. However, on the ATCSMon program, there is nothing showing for any of the CPs between Gord and Potterville.

I'm a little confused as to why this would be happening. Is that section of track not covered by ATCS, much like the areas of the Plymouth Sub?
If the Conductor is in charge of the train, then why is he promoted to Engineer?
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Re: CN Flint Sub ATCS

Unread postby GTW » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:21 pm

There is no coverage between Battle Creek and Potterville. First you need a host to provide the server usually a Control Point and near the tracks. It would be nice to find a host near Battle Creek to provide covrage in that area. Hope this helps.
GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby NSSD70ACe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:01 pm

GTW wrote:There is no coverage between Battle Creek and Potterville. First you need a host to provide the server usually a Control Point and near the tracks. It would be nice to find a host near Battle Creek to provide covrage in that area. Hope this helps.

Indeed it does help.

I would be interested in hosting the server but I'm not sure that my permanent house is close enough (Kalamazoo). I'm probably too far to even provide a little coverage for the South Bend Subdivision in Pavilion/Vicksburg and Schoolcraft. How close do you have to be?
If the Conductor is in charge of the train, then why is he promoted to Engineer?
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread postby GTW » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:39 am

I am two blocks from the track if this helps in setting up as a server host.
GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby squadradio » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:26 pm

GTW,

I'm the custodian for the CN South Bend Sub and would love to get a server going in Battle Creek and South Bend. Let's chat about this.

Mark
squadradio
Railroadfan...fan

Return to Michigan Talk