CN Flint Sub ATCS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

CN Flint Sub ATCS

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

I've noticed that while I am monitoring the CN Flint Sub on ATCS Monitor, I am not able to read anything between Potterville and Battle Creek. As a test, I am using TransitDocs to monitor the westbound Blue Water. They are a few minutes away from Battle Creek. However, on the ATCSMon program, there is nothing showing for any of the CPs between Gord and Potterville.

I'm a little confused as to why this would be happening. Is that section of track not covered by ATCS, much like the areas of the Plymouth Sub?
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN Flint Sub ATCS

Unread post by GTW »

There is no coverage between Battle Creek and Potterville. First you need a host to provide the server usually a Control Point and near the tracks. It would be nice to find a host near Battle Creek to provide covrage in that area. Hope this helps.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

GTW wrote:There is no coverage between Battle Creek and Potterville. First you need a host to provide the server usually a Control Point and near the tracks. It would be nice to find a host near Battle Creek to provide covrage in that area. Hope this helps.
Indeed it does help.

I would be interested in hosting the server but I'm not sure that my permanent house is close enough (Kalamazoo). I'm probably too far to even provide a little coverage for the South Bend Subdivision in Pavilion/Vicksburg and Schoolcraft. How close do you have to be?
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW »

I am two blocks from the track if this helps in setting up as a server host.

squadradio
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by squadradio »

GTW,

I'm the custodian for the CN South Bend Sub and would love to get a server going in Battle Creek and South Bend. Let's chat about this.

Mark