Pm 1225 melon fest

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Pm 1225 melon fest

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

Anyone by chance know when Sri will move the 1225 to Howell this weekend? Or if she'll be under her own power heading down from Owasso? Want to be able to snap some photos going through Durand and cohoctah if possible.

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Pm 1225 melon fest

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

Well, I'm not entirely sure when it will be through this time, but this is what happened last time. They ran the train with the GLC Geep leading from Owosso to Howell early on Saturday. It rolled through Durand at about 7:00 or 7:30 I believe. They could do what they did with the Hamburg Fun Days trains last year and hitch the consist to a Southbound GLC grain train headed for Osmer and drop 1225/Consist off. However this would require a move to Ann Pere for the 1225/consist so that the GLC train could pass them on the way north again from Osmer. The first scenario is much more likely.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

I'm here in Durand now up from Ohio, I was here the entire weekend last year for PM 1225 at the Melon Festival.

Ferry moves should be the same drill as last year, they left Owosso around 7am on Saturday, GLC diesel led the train south with 1225 facing north. Last year there was a WB intermodal in Durand 8am, an EB freight 8:10am, Amtrak at 8:15am, then the GLC diesel led 1225 south past the station 8:20am, a record 4 trains in Durand in 20 minutes I'm sure I won't see again.

The ferry move back north on Sunday is the highlight of the weekend, 1225 will lead the passenger free train and depart around 5:30pm from Howell, they ran track speed 40-45mph from Howell-Byron, where the GLC diesel was moved back in front of 1225 to cross back over CN in Durand, came through north at 6:38pm past Durand Union Station.

CN_Okemos
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CN_Okemos »

For these trips do they go south thru town or north towards cohoctah?
Greg

Railfanning the nearly dead CSX Plymouth Sub and slightly more active CN Flint Sub.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

CN_Okemos wrote:For these trips do they go south thru town or north towards cohoctah?
North towards Cohoctah. Steam engine is facing north, GLC #398 is on the other end of the train, facing south.
Owosso Steve

CN_Okemos
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CN_Okemos »

SW wrote:
CN_Okemos wrote:For these trips do they go south thru town or north towards cohoctah?
North towards Cohoctah. Steam engine is facing north, GLC #398 is on the other end of the train, facing south.
Thanks!
Greg

Railfanning the nearly dead CSX Plymouth Sub and slightly more active CN Flint Sub.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

CN_Okemos wrote:
SW wrote:
Thanks!
Yesterday it was stopping right on Cohoctah Road in downtown Cohoctah. The middle of the train would be blocking the grade crossing for about a minute before they went back south.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Today's remaining ride times are 12 noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm.

All of Saturday's rides sold out, except the first - and that one came close! And this was with an extra coach this year.
Owosso Steve