The First D701

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

The First D701

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Not a great video, but here's the first D701 going through Newark almost an hour ago:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: The First D701

Unread post by AARR »

So when this train gets to Lansing and Grand Rapids and makes additional pick ups will it be a 300+ car train?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

AARR wrote:So when this train gets to Lansing and Grand Rapids and makes additional pick ups will it be a 300+ car train?
I don't think it switches Lansing itself, but yeah, when it gets to GR, and D707 ferries all the Lansing related Plymouth Sub carloads to GR, and then on top of that there's all the Marquette Rail/GRE/MS/GDLK interchange traffic plus Grand Rapids customers and Grand Rapids Sub customers, we should be talking about a rather large Q327 leaving Grand Rapids. Unless, of course, they split it in two and have an extra 327. I mean, 326 and 327 are not only handling all their original cars, but also EVERYTHING from Flint, which is enough to make another big train as seen above, and also all Plymouth Sub cars which has shown in the past to be enough to make trains over 200 cars long. :shock:

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

At what point do the knuckles start breaking?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

D701/702 do not work Lansing, they are strictly Grand Rapids-Flint trains. Just a Q train with a D symbol.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/