G765, A451, and D902 4-28-17

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

G765, A451, and D902 4-28-17

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Spent a decent amount of time today rail fanning the Saginaw and Holly Subs. First trip out was to track down G765, who was to leave Flint sometime late morning. After waiting a while, I drove up to the Evans Road crossing at Newark, and lo and behold, there it is! I rolled the window down and filmed with the phone:

After getting some chores done, I headed back out again, this time with the goal of catching D902, aka D702, so I went out to Newark again, and the signals were lined up for it to proceed northward. I drove down to downtown Holly to wait for it, and while I was there, I got CN A451 on it's way north on the Holly Sub:

After a short time waiting in the car, I finally heard D902 a mile or so south of town whistling for a few crossings. I changed plans, and drove north of town back to Newark to catch it there, that way to get it when it's going a bit faster and not crawling by around some sharp curves. After about 10 minutes, it came across the Evans Road crossing, wrapping up a good day of rail fanning:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: G765, A451, and D902 4-28-17

Unread post by AARR »

I like how you post your videos. I can watch two at the same time 8) .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: G765, A451, and D902 4-28-17

Unread post by hoborich »

Great horn show when you get all three going at the same time. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".